27. Red & Maddie

RACHEL

RACHEL

The same night, Madelaine and I had a sleepover in my dorm. We put our pajamas on and decorated my bed with all sorts of snacks. Chips, popcorn, strawberries, candy and chocolates. Just like old times. Just like we loved it.

"I need you to tell me everything that has happened in your life. I've missed out on so much of it. Start from when you started liking Skylar. No, wait, start from when you first realized you were gay. I need to know everything," I said, taking a bite of a juicy and sweet strawberry.

Snuggled up next to me, Madelaine smiled. "I don't know when I actually realized it, but I guess during junior year I kind of found girls more attractive than guys. I was unsure and really scared about my sexuality back then, but at the beginning of senior year when Skylar and I were paired for a science project, that's when it was confirmed that I actually was gay," she explained.

She was so scared. God, it must've been so hard for her. And I never even noticed.

"So your and Skylar's story. Tell me, spill every detail," I said, excitingly.

Madelaine grinned and drew back a little so she could face me. She folded her hands in her lap as she sat with her legs crossed and a dreamy expression creased across her face. I smiled.

"She was so pretty and so shy. Those two things combined made her the most adorable girl I had ever met," she confessed as she was smiling, dreamingly.

Amused, I chuckled and she continued.

"When we first started on the project, she was really quiet because of her shyness. There were times when I was lost in my own work and she sat right next to me and secretly stared at me. I didn't want to catch her doing it because I know she really liked, but there was this one time I just couldn't resist. So when she was staring at me, I quickly glanced at her. She literally froze. And then," she paused.

"And then?" I grinned.

"Her face turned even more red than yours used to do when you had that massive crush on Will. It was so hilarious, but so, so cute," she giggled.

My grin widened and I let her continue.

"She continued being shy, but even though it was really cute, I just really wanted her to talk to me openly. So one night, by climbing out my window, I found her dorm and jumped in from her window. She was reading a book in her bed and it went crashing down on the floor when she found me standing by her study desk. Before she screamed, I had to jump up in her bed and cover her mouth."

We both laughed. This was getting exciting and funny.

"I told her that I wanted to ask her something. I asked about her sexuality and she actually told me she was gay. I was kind of relieved during that moment, because I knew I had developed a crush on her," she admitted, her cheeks turning pink.