TBOTE 164 ❄️

At that point Armin was a walking skeleton, and he was going to get himself killed.

Everyone saw it.

The group took refuge in a small house right by the university gates. It was time to rest up and get ready for the mission.

It seemed to be the mission of a lifetime at that point. Although it seemed that every moment that caused distress in their lives was the mission of a lifetime.

It was a constant loop of distress and potential death, and then safety. That was the last time they'd feel that.

Eren didn't want to feel a constant adrenaline and wonder if his kids would make it to the ripe age of fifteen.

That gut wrenching fear. Smelling death everywhere, seeing death everywhere. He had enough of that.

The group had settled into the small house. Levi set the kids down for a nap, knowing he'd have to fight with Eren over if he'd be going on the mission or not.

Eren was still a good fighter, even if he had three kids. He was still strong and wouldn't take shit for anyone, well maybe except for Levi of course.

Levi walked out of the room, leaving the door open a small crack. "Eren, we need to talk." He crossed his arms. "I'm going on the mission. You aren't keeping me here when I'd benefit the team going in. I'm one person added that would be able to fight."

Eren sighed, rubbing his temples. "Levi I don't want to talk about this right now."

"Eren, we're leaving soon. I'm not getting your permission. I don't need it. So I'm going." Levi spoke sternly. He wasn't letting his lover not let him go. "I'll fight with you on it. One hundred perfect."

Eren frowned. "I don't want you to die." It was that simple. After everything, he couldn't lose the man he loved. They had been to hell and back. Cheating and near death encounters, yet they still made it through. They were able to forgive, but not forget. Although, that somehow made them stronger in the end. "This is the last line, you know after this we're out of options and have no hope. That's it." He tried to empathize his words without breaking out into tears. "I already feel crappy because I can't even go." He motioned to himself, sighing. "I don't want you to go. I thought you'd respect that. Especially with being so close. I won't be able to forgive myself if I let you go and then you die right when we could've had an actual future. I haven't even married you yet."

"Once this is over we'll get married. I have to go. You know I have to go." Levi wanted to hear his fiancé out. He wanted nothing more than to be able to compromise, but this was something that couldn't be compromised at all. It wasn't possible at that point. "You can't stop me either." He spoke, not meaning to be harsh. It simply came out that way.

Crying could be heard from the other room. Jaxon.

Eren watched Levi with a deep frown. "Please don't." He went to get the baby, but Levi held a hand up. "I'll get him."

The man left and returned with Jaxon, the baby chewed on his father's hands with his soft gums.

"Maybe he's teething?" Levi asked, a bit disgusted by how much spit his son had been putting on his lately. Jaxon's go to comfort was to chew on Levi's hands. Which weren't the cleanest.

"We really have to break that habit and try and get him a teether." Eren walked closer and pulled Levi's hand back, causing Jaxon to start crying loudly. "He could get sick." He took Jaxon from the other and began rocking him.

Levi watched, seeing his future husband holding their newest child. The twins had been asleep in the room still and he was shocked at how big they became. They were still little, but no longer as dependent. When one cried, the other comforted. It was as if they didn't even need them in some ways anymore.

Jaxon eventually calmed, dozing off in Eren's arms.

Eren and Levi dropped the conversation, moving to be with the rest of the group. Jaxon still clung and was fast asleep.

Did they get everyone else's thoughts on it? No.. it was between them after all. What good would it do to start one massive argument?

"Are you ready for tomorrow Levi?" Hanji asked, looking between Eren and Levi. She knew they were butting heads when it came to that. She needed to know if he was going or not.

Eren and Levi both spoke in unison. Eren saying no while Levi said yes. They looked at each other in annoyance.

"She asked me." Levi murmured. "And I'm going."

"We're not going to all die without Levi. If he stays we'll be fine." Jesse spoke, eyes rolling.

"You just don't want him to go." Armin spoke, calling him out instantly.

"You're right. I don't." Jesse glared at Armin, annoyed by his sudden interest to respond to his words with snarky comments.

Eren groaned. "I mean I wouldn't mind if an infected took a bite of you.." He murmured, looking over at Mikasa from across the room as he spoke about Jesse. If things turned to fighting again Mikasa was the one that would break them up, that was what Eren had asked her to do.

"Wow thanks. I haven't even wished death on you, yet you're being so rude and actually wanting me to die." Jesse laughed humorlessly.

"Well you've fucked over my life and basically hurt my best friend. Look at him." Eren looked at Armin. "He looks like an infected!"

Armin tilted his head, obviously offended by his comment. Yeah, he knew he looked dead, but Eren didn't have to say it aloud.

"It's all your fault." Eren spoke harshly,

"I wouldn't say that so soon." Jesse smirked. "I know that you and Armin were together and when Levi came back you dropped him for Levi. You're an asshole."

Eren passed Jaxon to Levi gently before clenching his fists. "You have no right to talk about that. That was before you."

"He was destroyed after that. He told me how upset he was that you could drop him and leave him like that. It was you. The lack of sleep and an appetite is your fault. Even I wasn't what he wanted."

A/N: I LIVE!! I wrote this in two days which makes me proud. I had motivation!!

Please leave me a vote and comment ;)
They make my day and maybe I'll even get another chapter out soon !!

The last few chapters are coming, and it'll be ending with a bang!!

Love you all
-Kayla