5

So... Kelsey is more important than a best friend. Just saying. I am currently laying in bed sick. Ugh I hate flu season. Anyway, back to your book.
Pronunciation
Cas (Case)
Word count: 1091

"Kelsey Jackson" Justin said dully to the nurse behind the counter.

"Room 251" she replied, a smile plastered to her face. Justin nodded, before walking down the hall, Casey's hand was tightly Intertwined with his own. Madison followed them.

"I don't like hospitals" Casey mumbled, avoiding everyone's gaze.

"Me neither bug" Justin sighed. Once they reached the door, Justin turned to the shorter boy, "stay out here for me for a minute, please?" He asked. Casey's eyes began to water slightly, "just for a minute" he assured, before leaving him with Madison.

"Hey Kelsey" Justin said softly.

"Hi Jay" Kelsey replied.

"You didn't call me" he complained

"Because I knew you'd be here and not with your fans" she almost laughed.

"Here is more important" he said

"Im fine there's nothing to do here" she stated.

"But if something were to happen-" he was cut off by a small voice at the door.

"Jay" Casey mumbled.

"I told you to wait outside bug" Justin sighed. Casey looked up, his eyes met Justin's before wandering over to the girl on the bed. Her long brunette hair pulled into a ponytail, on the top of her head. Piercing blue eyes stared back at him, and he wanted to cry. This couldn't be happening, not again. His thoughts were interrupted as a soft whimper left his lips.

"Kells" he chocked back a sob.

"Oh god" she mumbled "its OK, Cas, come here" he nearly ran over to her, falling on his knees by the bed. He took her hand gently in his, her soft skin rubbing circles over his knuckles. "Hey, look at me, I'm alright, its alright" she pulled him up to her, her legs moved closer to Justin to make room for the small boy on the bed.

"Breathe bug" Justin soothed, rubbing his back, deciding to ask questions later.

"I-it c-ca-n't h-happen a-aga-in" he chocked out, holding tightly to the girl before him.

"Stop thinking about that" Kelsey said sternly, only making the little in him come out more "I'm OK, I just need you to breathe for me, can you do that?" When Casey nodded she continued "deep breaths" she Instructed. "In" she did it with him, "out" she breathed. They continued this until he was calm once again.

"Are you alright bug?" Justin asked, he only nodded, not backing away from Kelsey's arms.

"When was the last time you took your medicine?" She asked, it was concerning that he could slip into little mode, while in a panic attack, considering little Casey panics more.

"The last foster home" he mumbled, knowing he would get in trouble for not taking it.

"Casey you ran away from that home 6 months ago" she stated shocked "you've gone 6 months without your medicine" she basically yelled, making him flinch away.

"Yes" he was almost in tears.

"Kelsey" Justin said, making her stop and turn to him. Casey crawled over her, and sat in his lap, hiding his face from view. "Talk about it later" he held Casey close to his body, his arms tightly wrapped around him.

"Im sorry Casey" she sighed, rubbing his back, "I'm just worried"

"I know kells"

"There, now someone explain the rest of this to me" Justin exclaimed, holding Casey tighter when he realized he scared him.

"My mom, was his moms sister" Kelsey said cautiously, knowing he just came down from a panic attack about the topic. "I haven't seen him since about his third foster home"

"Kells was there when I was kicked out of that house" Casey said softly.

"They never would tell us where he was after that one" she sighed, "just when he ran away"

"Im sorry" Justin mumbled to both of them, Justin knew Kelsey's aunt and young cosin died in an accident but she never went into it, and he knew better than to ask. He had no idea, they took an 8 year old away from a family that would actually protect him.

"Its not your fault" Kelsey smiled to him, "Philadelphia is just full of a bunch of idiots"

"Especially the police station" Casey mumbled

"Casey, be nice" Justin said sternly, causeing the little to pout.

"He only speaks the truth" Kelsey laughed.

Justin rolled his eyes, "you're a bad influence"

"I am not!" She pretended to be offended.

"Are so" he argued

"Not"

"So"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"Yes"

"No, wait, damn it" Justin laughed.

"aha! I win" Kelsey raised her hand up in the air. Her iv beeped, telling her the tube was bent. She layed her arm back down, hating the sound of the beeping.

"Alright, you three, I've talked to the nurse, she said you will be out of here by tomorrow, but you need to rest" Madison said, walking into the room, she heard the usual banter between the two best friends.

"Can I talk to Casey for a minute?" She asked

"I'll be just outside" Justin whispered in Casey's ear, when he saw the slight panic flash through his eyes. Casey nodded. When the door closed, Kelsey turned to him, a big smile plastered on her face.

"bug?!"

"Stop, its not like that" he mumbled, looking at the floor.

"Do you want it to be like that?"

"It can't be like that" he stated a bit louder this time. "He probably doesn't even know what that is"

"Thats why you teach him Cas" she said softer, taking her cousins hands in hers,  "hes a really good guy, and I can see that he likes you"

"Then you need to get your vision checked" he mumbled under his breath, but she heard, she always hears insults.

"Don't be rude, explain it to him, I'm sure he will be more than happy to discuss it with you"

"What if he hates me? what if he abandons me on the streets of new york, with no money and no way to get home?"

"then I'm right here, every step of the way, even though he would never do that"

"Yeah"

"Bug, we need to go" Justin called into the room.

"K" he called back, looking at his cousin one last time.

"Do me a favor?" She asked

"What?"

"Go get your medicine" she stated before pushing him towards the door.

"bye Kells"

"bye Cas"