26

When the nurse from before, Anna Casey remembered her as, came by with another nurse to take them to the patient waiting rooms, Kelsey picked Casey up, hot chocolate and all, and followed them.

The next few hours were spent with them waiting for Justin to wake up, and Casey slipping in and out of headspace.

When a doctor finally came out and called for them, Casey was out of headspace complete and just panicking.

"He's awake, the surgery was a success, but he is still loopy on pain meds, so you'll have to take it easy on him" both Casey and Kelsey nodded. "That means you need to stay off the bed" the doctor looked at Casey, while Kelsey laughed and he blushed madly.

"Ok, can I see him?" Casey asked, pulling attention away from his burning cheeks.

"Yes, but he did just wake up, so he's not fully himself," the doctor spoke before telling him the room number and pointing him in the right direction. Casey nodded before booking it down the hall.

"Why the headache? Was that just a symptom of the appenicidis?" Kelsey questioned.

"Not exactly, yes it can be a symptom, but in this case it was actually a result of exhaustion, lack of sleep can cause headaches and other symptoms of the common flu, his stress levels are high, so that could be reason for his lack of sleep" the doctor said. Kelsey nodded, before thinking better about letting Casey run off on his own and following him, after thanking the doctor.

Casey stopped so suddenly he almost slid past the door. He stood up straight and took a deep breath to calm the anxiety crawling up his throat. He then knocked softly on the door, before letting himself in.

Justin smiled lazily at him, holding against out for the smaller boy to take.

"How're you feeling?" Casey questioned softly.

"Better now that my baby's with me,"
He mumbled dopily, obviously drugged with something.

smiling at his boyfriends answer, Casey asked, "How were you feeling before I got here?"

"It hurts a little, like a numb pain right," he poked Casey's side, causing the boy to jump, "there. I'm alright though, they said it's started healing already."

"Yeah" Casey mumbled, rubbing his thumb over Justin's knuckles. Tears started unvolintarily slipping from Casey's eyes, and down his cheeks.

"Baby, why are you crying?" Justin asked, pulling the boy so he was sitting on the bed next to him.

"You almost died, and I didn't help, like at all, all I did was get in the way, a-and-" Justin quickly cut him off.

"Baby, you did everything you should've, and I'm very proud of you" Justin spoke softly, wiping the boys tears with the pads of his thumb, "because you called Kelsey, I got to people who could help me."

"But I got in the way!" Casey protested

"Ok, I admit that being attached to my hip didn't help the doctors much, but I knew you were there, right next to me, and it helped me"

"Really?" Casey mumbled through chocked back tears.

"Yes, really" Justin smiled. "Thank you, baby"

"For what?" Casey mumbled, looking through his thick eyelashes.

"For taking care of me, and worrying, I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend" Justin kissed the boys small, shaky hands, as he pulled him to lay next to him on the bed.

"The doctor said to stay off your bed" Casey mumbled into the older boy's neck.

"I don't see you objecting to this" Justin pulled him closer.

"I love you"

"I love you, too, baby" Justin mumbled sleepily. He closed his eyes, and allowed his body to drift off.

Kelsey walked in moments after, smiling at the boy curled up on her best friends right side, carefully holding on to his arm, as he slept his first peaceful sleep of the day.

When the two woke up from their peaceful slumber, it was from a nurse  trying to gently add a blanket over Casey. It didn't work out for her unfortunately, as she hit the beside table and knocked over a glass of water.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you" she apologized, trying to pick up the ice, before it melted.

"Oh you're fine, Casey got help her" Justin nudged Casey up with his elbow. Watching helplessly as the nurse and Casey tried to save the room service menu, and other papers left on that table.

"Thank you" she smiled appologeticly, "i'll get you a new copy of these" she carefully threw the menu in the trash, along with the blank paper Justin had suggested for drawing. He never was good at it, but Casey insisted it was a fun pass time.

So Justin got paper and Pensils, and even a few crayons.

"Thank you" Justin smiled, then thought for a moment, "speaking of menu's I think I'm getting hungry, what about you bug?" Casey nodded, laying back down next to Justin and climbing to his arm once more.

"Kelsey, are you hungry?" Casey asked quietly. Kelsey looked up from her book and nodded, making her place before placing the book down.

"Would you like hospital food, or fast food?" She asked, Casey made a face and quickly decided.

"Hospital"

It was simple, and both Kelsey and Justin smiled at him.

"Hospital food it is then, I'll help you order first" she looked at Justin who's eyes were glued to his tiny boyfriends.

"I'm not 12 Kelsey, I can order food for myself" Justin grared at her playfully.

"Nughn nugh nughn nugh" she mocked, sticking her tounge out.

"Ladies, ladies! Food!" Casey exclaimed, both of the 22 year olds laughed.

"Alright, come on shorty" Kelsey held out her hand, and when Casey took it skipped to the door, "we're off to see the wizard!" She sang.

"The wonderful wizard of oz" Casey finished giggling.

Justin smiled fondly at the door until it closed, then looked at the phone, trying to figure out how to do this.

_____

I told you I'm not heartless, a bit cruel but not heartless. Lol.

I could never kill of a main, especially when there is so much for them to do.

This chapter was more supposed to show that he was OK rather than actual story development, I don't particularly like it, i've definitely written better, but it is what it is.

I love you guys.