18

Warning: mentions of self harm and depression, talk of anxiety and other mental health issues, so just like the last one you don't have to read this chapter.

***

The cousins walked in the door laughing. They had just watched a man yell at a trash bag for ten minutes before realizing it wasn't his cat.

"Jay, we're back" kelsey yelled through the quiet house.

"I'm gonna take these upstairs" Casey started the journey to his room. Once he reached it, he panicked slightly. The room was picked up from where he had played before bed the night before. He dropped his bags on the bed, rushing to the bathroom.

He then wanted to cry, the box knife wasn't where he left it.

"Casey James, get down here now" Justin yelled from down stairs.

"I'm screwed" he mumbled, forcing his feet to move forward, back into the bedroom and down the hall. "Yes?" He drug out innocently. He decided to play it sweet.

"What is this?" He held up the knife. Casey's heart stopped, but he kept an innocent face.

"A box knife" he said quietly.

"Why was it in your bathroom?" Justin wasn't buying the sweet innocent act, and Casey knew it, but he couldn't let him find out.

"Hannah must have left it there"

"You're really good at cleaning up your messes, but I know you better than that" Justin crossed his arms. "Where?"

"No where" Tears began to prick the littles eyes. He was so scared he was gonna get in trouble or something worse. He didn't want Justin to stop loving him.

"Casey James, show me right now or you will strip and I will find it myself"

"I can't" he whispered, voice breaking as he backed into the stairs, "you'll hate me"

"Baby I could never ever hate you, I just want you to be safe, I don't want you to think this is OK" Justin held up the knife, before setting it on a table Near the stairs, then kneeling infront of the broken boy.

"I don't think its OK, and I hate that its relief, but I can't fix it!"Casey sobbed.

"Please show me" Justin whispered. Casey stood, carefully wiggling his jeans down his thighs. The blood had slightly seeped through the bandages, showing they needed to clean them soon.

"May I?" He questioned softly, holding the end of the bandage. Casey slowly nodded, squeezing his eyes shut. Slowly and carefully Justin unwrapped his thigh. The cuts from the blade were jaggad, blood stained his thighs.

There was a gasp, then a clump.

"You promised me you wouldn't do this anymore, C" both boys turned to Kelsey, who had just come back from the bathroom.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

"No more closed doors, you'll sleep with me at night, and don't even think about touching any knifes or blades, adult or little, got it?" Justin said. His voice was stern but leaked worry. Casey nodded, keeping his head down as tears escaped his eyes.

"Don't cry, baby, please" Kelsey hugged him.

"Come to the living room, I wanna ask you something" Justin said softly, standing back and allowing Casey to stand.

"I don't know how to explain how I feel"

"Explain it like you did when we were kids" Kelsey suggested, remembering how he used to use songs to explain his feelings when he couldn't find the right words. This seemed to click in his head, the song choice was already obvious to him.