Chapter XLIV

"So, how did it went out between the two of you?" Amelia asks as I start getting all of the books and notebooks that I need for the next class. I closed my locker and looked at her with a questioning look.

"Between the two of what?" I asked and we start walking to our next class. Next period is Chemistry, we are 3 periods away from getting our freedom for the day. Amelia and I only have Chemistry, English, and Music on the same day every Monday.

We enter Chemistry as I place my book and notebook on the lab table, putting my bag down on the floor and as I bring out my Lab coat and Safety Goggles for the experiment that we have to finish by Wednesday.

"You know, Cayden and you?" Amelia said and I completely forgot to call her 2 to 3 days ago, after the Cayden-drags-me-out-to-talk incident. "You completely forgot to call me last Friday after what happened," she said.

"I know and I'm sorry," I said and she crosses her arms. She rolls her eyes and wears her lab coat and Safety Goggles.  "Now, tell me," she said as she finishes wearing her proper attire for the experiment.

"We just went somewhere and talked, that's all," I said and I hear her chuckle sarcastically, looking at her with a questioning look.

"Oh really? How did the campfire thing go?" She asks and I said, "What campfire thing?". She fished inside her pocket, brings out her phone and starts scrolling down. She put her phone in front of my face and saw the picture I posted on Instagram.

I made an 'o' shape in my mouth, "We just had smores, nothing happened before or after that," I said even though Cayden and I almost kissed that night after we were done with the smores challenge thing.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you are using another type of chocolate syrup for this challenge," I said as I try to grab the syrup from his hand and he completely turns his back on me.

"There are no rules about using a different type of ingredient," He says and I stopped trying to grab the syrup as I realized what he said. I must admit, he's right. "Fine," I give in.

He gives me the smores he made and I gave him the smores I made. We took a bite from the smores and he says, "This type of smores is so mainstream," and my mind is completely lost and out of thoughts because of how good his smores taste like.

It's the kind of smores that is not very usual to my taste buds, even though all of the smores in this world tastes the same but Cayden's smores isn't. I'm starting to think that he should run a business about selling smores.

"Oh, you've got a..." He says as he tries to point at my lips and I gave him a questioning look, "Chocolate syrup," He continues and starts wiping my lips with his thumb as I look into his eyes and back down to his thumb.

I gulp down the smores and he stops wiping my lips, he looks into my eyes and starts to lean in, slowly. I start to close my eyes.

"What are you kids doing here? This is a no trespassing zone and you exceeded the limit," A guy behind us says, pointing the flashlight into our eyes. Cayden suddenly grabs the picnic basket and grabs my hand.

We start running in the opposite direction, "Hey! Come back here the two of you!" 

"Alright class, you may begin your experiment,"  Ms. Brenda said.

***

I open my locker and put back all of my stuff, ready to head home. I'm so exhausted today even though I skipped Arts class for no reason. I just got bored of all the Vincent Van Gogh paintings but I'm madly in love with his masterpiece, The Starry Night.