chapter twenty four

Getting dressed Monday morning, I felt different, observing myself in the mirror, I looked no different than I did yesterday morning but inside, inside I felt different, that’s the only way I can explain it, I just feel… different

It was still early when I met Louis and he asked how my weekend went, I held back too much information to be comfortable with it, I was used to telling Louis every little aspect of my life, but what happened this weekend, I felt ashamed to tell, in fear of being horribly judged.

I felt horrible though, I’d been hiding everything from Louis. Did he even know that I kissed Niall? No. nobody did apart from matt.

After explaining to Louis in great detail how I spent the weekend studying and reading, he was eager to escape the boring conversation, which he managed to as we walked through the school gates.

It was lunch when I was reunited with Louis, as we all sat in a different place than usual, our table has been taken by some of the younger years, unaware of the unofficial seating plan the school had.

I felt my stomach flutter when I caught sight of Niall walking across the field. He looked exceedingly good, in those black skinny jeans and leather jacket, visions of Saturday once again flashed through my mind as I pictured him on his own with me, being the silly, playful guy only I knew him as.

“Guys I’ll be right back.” I stuttered not letting my gaze leave Niall. I stood up and walked over to him, leaving my friends slightly confused at my sudden interest.

“Niall?” I called as he stopped turning around, for a second his face broke out in a grin but when the rest of his friends turned around too, the grin quickly disappeared leaving me with an empty feeling. Was he still embarrassed of being friends with me? After everything that had happened?

“Uh, hey?” he nodded scratching the back of his neck as I stood, suddenly feeling vastly out of my depth.

“Um, I was going to ask what you were doing later.” I asked as he bit his lip nervously, glancing at his friends.

“I’m busy.” He scoffed looking away, as I nodded slowly, pulling my lip between my teeth in embarrassment. Rhiannon glanced coldly at him, and then sympathetically to me, twitching her lip.

“Sophie you can come hang out with us tonight! We’re going out to this cute diner like place, please come!” Rhiannon offered as Chloe tutted somewhere in the back, Harry looked up from the ground and nodded, I turned to Niall who was now glaring at me with his stiff posture.

I thought of saying no, I’d be out of my league there, but then again, saying yes would annoy Niall, as I could tell by his attitude right now, and that gave me the extra boost to say yes.

“Yeah sure.” I smiled tilting my weight to my left foot, Rhiannon grinned, clapping childishly.

“I can pick you up if you like, it’s a bit confusing to get there on your own.” Harry smiled as Rhiannon lifted an eyebrow suspiciously.

I looked to Niall whose eyes were wide and angry as he glared at me, slowly shaking his head, so only I would notice.

“Yeah, sounds good.” I grinned as he clicked his tongue flirtatiously.

“Right… well we’ll see you later Sophie!” Rhiannon smiled before walking away with her group following. Niall stayed back and roughly grabbed my arm.

“You are not fucking going.” He ordered.

“Guess what Niall? You don’t get to decide what I do!” I rose my voice as he rose his eyebrows at me.