chapter eighty nine

"We've looked in hundreds of stores already." I whined, following my mother through town as we visited dress shop after dress shop, boutique after boutique, I was sick of seeing dresses, and shoes, and price tags and everything to do with shopping.

Despite the fact Niall refused to be my date to the ball, and even though I had informed my mother on this, she still insisted on me going, and that meant having to buy a dress.

We'd been shopping since early morning and only stopped once for a lunch break. Now it was verging on 5pm and my stomach was grumbling, my feet were dragging along the floor and I was irritated beyond belief.

I was pulled in to another shop as my mother scaled the rails of dresses and I found comfort in an old ripped stool, in the corner of the tiny shop. I sat on it, leaning my head against the wall as I watched my mother, pull out numerous dresses, holding them up and looking at them before putting them back.

She held up another one, yellow and rather disgusting. She looked it over before nodding and showing it to me. I scrunched up my face and looked away, before spotting something out of the corner of my eye. I stood up and walked over to one of the rails, pulling out the pale blue fabric before grinning. I held the dress up, a 50s styled ruffle dress, that puffed out at the bottom and reached my knee.

I turned to my mother, actually excited as she took a few steps towards me and examined the dress; tugging at the waist, looking at the chiffon, checking the movement, the widths of the straps, everything that a normal person wouldn't even consider.

"You like it?" She asked finally as I nodded eagerly and she held the dress up against me, checking at the waist and length before pouting her lips and nodding. She walked to the desk and bought the dress, not before asking numerous questions about it.

...

"You're going too?" I ask, sitting beside Charlie in physics as he doodles on his textbook, moustaches over the scientist holding the swan necked tube, or bubbles forming in the glass vile.

"Yeah, im being dragged against my will." Charlie chuckled explaining how his grandparents were members and were now forcing him to start going as I listened and nodded, realising Charlie was being forced in to the country club much like I was.

"I've never dreaded going to a dance before, but this is awful." I laughed, jumping as the teacher looked up and glared at us both. We shared a look before laughing and pretending to go back to our work.

I did in fact work for a while, silently working out things that I did not understand whatsoever but somehow managed to get through.

It was when we were packing up for the end of the lesson that Charlie nudged me gently, smiling as I looked up at him. he glanced at Niall, sitting a few rows in front of us before back to me.

"He isn't going to take you?" He whispered as I looked to Niall, frowning and shaking my head as I put my text book in to my already packed bag.

"Why not?" Charlie questioned further as I sighed and shrugged, not even too sure myself.

"I wish I knew, he's just refusing to go." I mumbled, slipping my blazer on and flattening out my skirt.

"I'll take you." Charlies voice was quiet and shy like when I'd first met him as I looked up at him, just to make sure it was actually him who had said it.

"what?" I asked quietly as he looked down at his shoes and tugged at the grey school jumper he was wearing.

"If you have nobody to go with, I'll be your date." He whispered, glancing up at me and raising one eyebrow as I smiled and nodded.

"That sounds great." I said softly as a smile spread across his small face. I took the chance and leant forward, hugging him gently before letting go and smiling. "Thank you" I whispered as he gave a quick nod and hurried out the room.

At least I had someone to stay with during the ball, which means I wouldn't totally be alone.

I went to get Niall to go to lunch with but frowned when I saw he had already left before sighing and making my way out on to the field.

"Oi trouble!" Louis yelled, as my eyes scanned the crowd before smiling as I saw Liam and Louis sitting at our normal table. I made my way over to them and sat down, pulling out my lunch and chatting generally.

"Where's Danielle?" I asked, chewing on a bite of my sandwich with furrowed eyebrows as I watched Liam's face suddenly drop.

I looked to Louis timidly as he bit his lip, anxiety in his eyes as I glanced back at Liam.

"She, uh, she broke up with me." Liam mumbled as I felt a pain flash through my chest, realising how stupid I was to ask.

"O-oh, shit Liam, im sorry, I d-didn't know" I tried to recover my steps as he shook his head and looked up at me offering a smile.

"Its okay, we all knew it wasn't going to work out." He said, sort of strangely before nodding. "We all knew that I wasn't her only guy." He confirmed as I frowned.

I felt so awful. Everyone knew how much Liam loved Danielle, and he never deserved to get hurt by her, Liam was kind and gently, and shy and loving, and to have his heart shattered was something I never wanted.

I got up and went and sat beside him, hugging him side on as he chuckled and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"Yeah but we all know that Liams gonna totally get Danielle back though, and date like, the best person ever" Louis fumbled through a somewhat attempt at a motivational speech causing us both to laugh.

"He's right though." I laughed looking up at Liam and pouting playfully as he smiled bashfully. "You're gonna go out with someone much better than her" I promised as he nodded along.

"Yeah, you're gonna date Sophie!" Louis laughed as I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"I don't think Niall would be all too pleased with that idea" Liam laughed as Louis shrugged and started laughing even harder.

"No, don't think I would." I heard Nialls voice say as he slipped beside me, smiling at Liam and Louis before me. he jerked his head over to him as I smiled and sat up allowing him to pull me in to his side and kiss the side of my head.

"Where were you?" I asked softly as he shrugged and stole a few of my crisps causing me to laugh and shake my head.

"No where, just had to deal with some stuff." He mumbled, being as secretive as always as I rolled my eyes and decided to ignore it for once, returning my attention to Liam.

A/N im too impatient so here's a double update for tonight ahahah:3