chapter fifty eight

"she'll go easier on me if she thinks I was with Louis" I whispered as I stood with Niall at the foot of our driveways, the part where the fence split up the land.

"Alright" Niall sighed, finally giving up after a five minute fight, standing here in the cold deciding what we'd do.

I laughed gently stepping closer to Niall as I timidly wrapped my arms around his neck. The warm smile that appeared on his lips seconds later relaxed me as his arms slithered around my waist pulling me in to his warmth.

"I love you Sophie-May" he said smugly as I rolled my eyes, Sophie-may, the name made my skin crawl.

"I love you Niall.. James" I said attempting to be witty as Niall rose an eyebrow laughing.

"That was pathetic" Niall snorted quietly "Besides that's my middle name you nerd, sophie-may is your first name" He smirked before bowing his head and kissing me softly on the lips. He pulled away still holding the same smirk as he sauntered off down his drive way.

I sighed walking up to my own door and unlocking it as quietly as I could.

But as I quietly as I tried, it wasn't enough. Within seconds of stepping foot inside, my mother was up from her chair, strutting towards me with her nose in the air.

"Sophie what time is it?" She said, calmer than I had expected as I glanced behind her to the clock on the wall.

"Its 11:30" I whispered my voice cracking as she nodded. The raging side of my mother scared me, but the calm side terrified me, you never knew what would happen.

"Yes, 11:30, at night" She said breaking out in a small laugh. "You're supposed to be home by 10pm, and here you are, prancing in at 11:30? With not even a call beforehand?"

"I was with Louis, his mother just dropped me home, and my phones dead" I attempted to explain, even though Louis' mum was in fact away on a business trip and my phone was tucked in to my pocket, very much on full charge.

"I don't have time for your excuses" My mother sighed running a finger through her tightly curled hair which just bounced back in to its place. "Just go to bed" she exhaled loudly as I obliged, lucky to get off so lightly.

It was the surprise and shock that overtook me when I walked in my room to see Niall leaning against the wall smiling cheekily at me.

I ran over to him horrified, looking around confused. "What are you doing?" I hissed quietly as he shrugged sitting down on my window seat pulling his shoes off.

"Wanted to see how your mum went on you" He laughed loudly as I cupped his mouth with my hand shaking my head.

"It was fine! You can leave!" I stressed keeping my hand firmly over his mouth as he glanced down at it before back up at me, dropping an eyebrow. "Please Niall, if they find you, I'll be killed" I whined as his tongue darted out of his mouth, wetting the palm of my hand. I pulled my hand away quickly shaking it in the air as I glared at him.

"What they don't know cant hurt them" Niall whispered smirking at me as he stood up and walked over to my door, shutting it quietly before turning back to me.

"Just let me stay for a while?" He asked as I sighed, knowing I'd never be able to throw him out.

I exhaled loudly before pointing to the chair.

"Make yourself comfortable, im going to get changed" I whispered, grabbing a vest and pyjama bottoms from my drawer before disappearing in to the bathroom to get changed.

The idea of Niall sitting in my room, wanting to spend even more time with me, sent chills of excitement down my spine as I pulled on the pink pyjama bottoms, they had grumpy from snow white and the seven dwarfs printed on them, and they were personally my favourites.