chapter eighty seven

Niall was taken in to the overnight cells a while ago, thinking I'd long left the station, but I was still pacing around outside, debating on what to do or who to call.

I knew one person who would be able to get Niall out tonight, but at the same time there was almost too much doubt in my mind that he'd even hear me out.

My father is high enough in his job to know his way around the police. He's bailed people out before and I knew he would be able to do it easily now as well, but whether he'd answer the phone to me, let alone listen to me beg him to bail the one person he hates out of jail was another thing altogether.

But I'd run out of options. I didn't know what to do. I refused to go home until I had Niall beside me. Harry was kept in too, but I couldn't care less. Not anymore.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contact list, my finger hovering over my fathers name, last minute doubt coursing through me before I pushed myself and pressed his number.

The phone rang three times before he picked up, restoring the tiniest bit of faith for me.

I explained as best I could to my father about what happened, I explained about the party and Ryan and then Harry and finally how Niall had tried to help by basically saving me. I hadn't intended to tell him anything other than the fact I needed help but something clicked inside of me when I realised that he was listening to me and worried. I ended up spilling everything, telling him where I was and why I needed him until all of a sudden the phone went silent.

Thinking id lost signal, I pulled the phone away from my ear. My heart plummeted when I realised he'd ended the call, hung up on me as I sniffed and sat down on a bench outside the station.

He literally did not care, and I no longer knew who to turn to.

Harry had been such an important friend to me, and tonight he'd broken every single bit of trust I had in him. every time I blinked I could see us on that bathroom floor, and especially in the silence of the night, I could hear my screams and cries.

A part of me refused to believe it was Harry who had tried to have sex with me. I felt as if it were a stranger, not Harry, not the boy I trusted and cared for. How could you trust someone so much and have them treat you as if you were nothing?

I squinted in to the darkness as two bright headlights shone in my eyes a while later. I looked up and widened my eyes upon recognising the black car.

"Dad?" I squeaked, standing up from the cold bench as he walked towards me and sighed.

"Are you alright?" He asked as I stared at him in disbelief. He'd actually come to help.

I nodded and in a moment of pure restoration, I fell forward and hugged him, as he sighed and held me tightly, kissing the side of my head.

"I'm here, I'll get him out" He whispered before pulling away. "You can wait in the car if you like?" My father asked as I shook my head and followed him inside the station.

I sat on a seat in the waiting room, watching quietly as my father bartered with the man at the desk, before a police officer came out on my fathers demand and started arguing with him.

After a long, gruelling argument, a smile spread across my fathers face and he turned to me, smiling and sitting beside me as the police man disappeared behind a door.

"How are you Sophie?" My father asked quietly as I stared down at the floor nodding. "You know, I would very much like to rebuild my relationship with my daughter.." He mumbled as I looked up at him with tired eyes.

"You broke the family apart, and then broke Niall and I apart..." I whispered as he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I know I did, but your mother and I just couldn't do it anymore, it was mutual Sophie." He mumbled, not offering an explanation to breaking Niall apart. I would have questioned him further but I got distracted as Niall walked through a set of swinging doors, looking around confused before settling his eyes on my father.

"Niall" I yelped, jumping up and running in to his chest as he wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly.

"Its okay." He whispered in to my ear, kissing my cheek softly before pulling away and holding me close to him as he walked over to my father.

"Thank you sir." Niall said as my father stood up. Niall extended his hand as my father did the same and they shook, a mutual agreement of some sorts.

"You protected my daughter, I did what was best." My father said before turning to me. "Lunch? Sunday?" he asked timidly as I looked up at him and thought about the idea of rebuilding my father and I's relationship. I nodded slowly as a smile spread across his face and he nodded back glancing at Niall before leaving.

I walked out of the station with Niall, walking down the dark street quietly as Niall stopped and pulled me to him.

"I love you" He whispered as I looked up to him.

"I know." I whispered back as a small smile appeared on his lips and he leant down pressing his forehead against mine.

"Say it back then" he teased as I laughed and kissed him softly, tangling my fingers in his hair before pulling away slightly and admiring his soft face.

"I love you Niall" I said quietly as he smiled and then proceeded to walk down the street, both of us silent, our hands tangled together, and a small smile on our lips.

A/N guys we're ten chapters from then end oh my goodness, this is craaazy, thank you all so much for reading ily!