chapter forty five

Ben was gone, and I was alone, I had stayed in my room as I listened to him walk down the stairs and say heartfelt goodbyes to my parents and leave.

They had no idea, I didn't have any idea on how I would even tell my mother. My mother would flip out, she would kill me. The whole community believed Ben and I were the couple that would get married.

The room started to spin around, as I clenched my fists around my bed sheets, trying to stop myself from falling. Everything was a blur, I couldn't think, I couldn't speak and I found myself struggling for air.

It was as if all the air in the room had been sucked out, like I was in a vacuum, I was stuck, unable to move, open my eyes, breath. I could feel my body shaking, but it was like I was no longer in my own body, I couldn't control it, the tears were streaming uncontrollably, but no sound escaped my lips.

The room was spinning out of control and panic was taking over me, confusion as to why this was happening, over took my every thought. I knew one thing and one thing only, I needed to get out of here.

I couldn't think about mother, nor the consequences of my actions, all I could think about was getting out, before I collapsed, I couldn't get a proper grip on the door handle as my hand shook hopelessly, weakly.

I walked to the only place I could think of. I felt at any given moment my attack would win, this had been all too much.

The door opened with just the person I needed to see, before either of us could even speak I had collapsed in to his arms as he automatically provided me with the comfort I needed.

"Niall." I sobbed in to his chest as he lowered me down, sitting on his open door step, closing the front door quietly as we sat out in the cold. He pulled me in to his lap as he began rocking back and forth quietly.

We were out in the dark, in front of both our houses, showing affection, it was beyond risky but at this point I couldn't care less.

"Sophie what happened?" Niall cooed as his arms tightened around me, rocking slowly, attempting to calm me down.

"Ben." I stuttered, soaking his shirt with my tears, I felt Niall go rigid beneath me, but still maintain his gentle touch.

"He uh, he knows?" Niall asked already knowing the answer as I nodded against his chest, taking deep shaky breaths.

"It was like he guessed." I cried as Niall shushed me gently kissing the top of my forehead with pressure.

"He broke up with you then?" Niall questioned knowingly as he shifted me on his lap, sitting me up like a baby. He pushed a thumb under my chin lifting my head up towards him. I was still a complete mess, shaking and sobbing but I was nowhere near the state I was in five minutes ago; it showed the effect Niall had on me, the way he could calm me down instantly and make all my problems fade away.

"He said he wanted me to be happy." I stuttered as I watched a smile start to play on Niall's lips as he pulled me forward connecting our lips. The kiss was unnecessary at the present time but at the same time; it was so needed, the relief I felt as I felt Nialls lips move with mine. The kiss was messy, I was sobbing and kept choking on my own breath against Nialls lips, occasionally crying out loud, the experience must have been awful for Niall, but for me, it was what I needed.

"Come upstairs." He whispered as he picked me up bridal style, it was a shock, as I grabbed on to his neck pushing my feet down until they reached the ground. Niall shook his head smiling as he opened a door taking my hand in his. He held a finger up to his lips before pulling me quickly through the house and up to his room where I went and sat on his bed, his covers were all messed up so instinctively I pulled them up over myself, pulling them up to my face, taking in Nialls smell.