chapter twenty five

Niall was gentle, I never thought this side of him ever existed, let alone that I’d be the one to experience him in this way.

Just seeing him smile, smile at me, makes my stomach do flips, and when he takes hold of my hand, and when he kisses me.

I’m stuck in a hole here.

“Please.” Niall laughed, shoving me sideward with his shoulder.

“Should have done it last night.” I smirked as he frowned, intertwining his fingers with mine as we walked down the back roads.

“I was a bit busy last night.” Niall smirked, suddenly backing me against the old fence backing on to someone’s garden. My heart jumped out of surprise as his forehead pressed against mine, whilst he looked dangerously in to my eyes. “Remember?” he purred as I nodded, incapable of words. It was nothing big, we made out a bit and that’s about all that’s happened so far, apart from the day in the meadow.

Nialls lips lingered closely to mine as my eyes fluttered close, his breath tickling my skin. I felt his lips graze against mine before he pulled away, by the time I’d opened my eyes he was halfway down the alley, walking cockily as he held his hand out for me to take.

“Where were you before school this morning then?” Louis asked supporting his face with his hand as he sat slumped over the crowded lunch table, although nobody was actually looking at me, it felt as if a thousand eyes were suddenly set on me as I was targeted.

“I just got in to school a bit late.” I mumbled continuing to scribble on a piece of paper. Louis brushed it off and sunk in to the heated debate Liam and Danielle were having over their relationship.

Suddenly I felt a hand grasp my shoulder as I turned around to see Niall standing timidly above me, occasionally glancing towards my friends. He knelt down in front of me so that he was at the same level as he balanced his arms on his knees.

“Give me the history homework then!” He ordered, holding out his large pale hand.

“No!” I laughed swiveling around so I could see him properly. He rolled his eyes and pouted playfully. “No! I told you this mor-“, I began before realising my mistake. I had been late this morning. I wasn’t with Niall. “Yesterday.” I sighed, going over my almost falter as I felt Louis’ eyes settle on me. Niall quickly glanced questioningly between Louis and me before nodding slightly.

“Please.” he asked again, trying to direct the attention away from my mistake, I sighed taking the neat piece of paper out of my bag and handing it to him roughly. “Touchy.” He chuckled before springing up and jogging back over to the puff of smoke that was his group.

I was then pulled from my seat as I was dragged through the field and in to the school.

“Sophie what are you playing at?” Louis snapped as he pulled me in to an empty geography class room. He seemed fuming as he paced back and forth.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, already knowing, and dreading the answer.

“You Sophie!” he yelled, as I jumped back off the desk, startled by his voice. Louis sighed, rubbing his eyes as he calmed himself down. “You and Niall, Sophie, I know something’s going on.” He sat adjacent to me as he stared. “Please, Sophie, trust Me.” he whispered. This was it. I’d been caught.

“Louis it’s just.” I sighed, feeling my lip trembling once again as he put his hand on mine reassuringly. I looked up in to his sympathetic eyes, whilst he nodded encouragingly. “It stays between me and you?” I asked weakly as he nodded, holding out his pinkie.