chapter twenty seven

Niall swiftly pulled away, glancing at the quiet road beneath us, as his hand moved to a pole of the fence.

"We should get down, before someone sees us." He mumbled before jumping down, landing on the grass beneath him with ease, he reached his hands up towards me gesturing for me to jump too. I hadn't exactly thought this through, I most certainly hadn't, because I was almost certain I saw two versions of Niall standing beneath me and the ground becoming ever further away with every blink.

I shook my head slowly, my hands tightening around the tall fence that I was perched on top of, Nialls hand's just about reached my feet as he held them up. "Just jump Sophie!" Niall complained, obviously not understanding the fear I had stumbled across. I shook my head again shutting my eyes tightly.

"Sophie are you scared?" His voice came out much softer than it had previously and I found myself opening my eyes to see his face, matching his tone; soft and gentle. "Don't be scared." He whispered so softly as he fingers brushed against my ankle. "I've got you, okay?" He asked again and suddenly I found myself nodding, edging myself off of the fence, and free falling in to Niall's arms beneath me.

He caught me with a gentle thud as he laughed, setting me on the ground. "That wasn't so bad was it?" He asked chuckling as I shyly shook my head.

I looked around, the park in front of us was fairly large, in the darkness I couldn't see the other end of it, but was well aware of the pond a few feet ahead, that was lined with little floor lights and a brown bench.

I looked up to Niall expectantly as his eyes too, scanned around the park.

"So what now?" I asked as he shrugged unknowingly. I rolled my eyes, I hated shrugging, what was the point of it, it took so little effort and was just done out of pure laziness.

"Don't shrug." I added as an amused smile spread across his face, whilst he continued to shrug again taking a step forward, leaving me lingering behind. I sighed slapping him on the arm as he turned back to me smirking.

"Should we walk for a while then?" Niall asked tilting his head towards the vast area in front of us, I nodded starting to walk ahead of him, before he caught my hand, tugging me back, I looked questioningly at him as his fingers wrapped through mine, taking a firm grip on my hand, glancing down at it. "I like, uh, this." He mumbled, holding up our intertwined hands and shaking them gently as I smiled weakly, he was being sweet now, but no less than half an hour ago he had Chloe wrapped around him.

We began walking again through the soft grass, and dim lit path, it was different, being in this type of surrounding with Niall. These were my favourite moments, on my own with Niall, I'd never thought I'd get to experience this, I thought when he left, I'd never see him again, and if I did I'd ignore him at all costs, never in a million years would I have thought I'd be walking through a locked park with him in the middle of the night, keeping it all a secret.

"Sophie are you angry?" Niall asked after a while of silence, I looked up to him, even in the darkness, I could see the heavy frown set on his face as he stared down at me. I shook my head slowly, withdrawing my hand from his and crossing my arms over my chest as an attempt to warm my body up.

"Okay fine." Niall sighed as we continued walking across the padded grass, I thought he had actually dropped it, I was mad, but I didn't want that to ruin this perfect scene. "Yes you are!" He moaned after another elongated silence, I stopped walking and stared up at him as he ran a harsh hand through his hair, making it stand up taller than it had been beforehand.

"Well yes, yes I am Niall!" I rose my voice a little, but the atmosphere wasn't tense or angry, in fact some might say it was even calm. "But I have a reason!" I defended as his hands flew up in the air in frustration.