chapter eighty one

"I know" I whispered, running my fingers through his hair, he always told me he wanted to runaway, I knew how much he hated living this life and how much he craved to start a new, despite his age. He brought it up whenever we were like this, intimate and quiet, it was like he was telling me his dreams

"No Sophie, I mean it." Niall said, suddenly sitting up and pulling me up with him, sitting opposite me and taking both my hands in his, holding them tightly in his lap.

"Well maybe one day Niall we cou-"

"No." He said as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and irritation. "No Sophie I mean right now."

Even more confusion washed over me as I tried to comprehend his words. What did he mean right now? We couldn't, we'd have nowhere to go, no money, we were completely unprepared.

"We cant Niall, we couldn't even.." I couldn't think of the words to say, what I was saying was completely true, people would know we were gone, we'd have nowhere to go, and we were both only 17 going on 18, it was unheard of.

"Sophie we could" he whispered, and the way he said it almost made it believable, no explanation, just his gentle tone led me to believe that we could. "We could stay at my brothers, or we could get a hotel room, we need to do it Sophie otherwise you'll be taken away from me, again" he said, almost desperately, moving one of his hands to my cheek.

"Hotels are so expensive, Niall, people will know." I said, trying to unconvince him as he shook his head refusing to listen to me.

"Then we'll stay with my brother, he'll be on our side, Sophie please" he practically begged as I found myself listening. "I'd look after you, i-I'd get a job and save up until we could fend for ourselves, and we wouldn't have to worry about stupid parents or rules, or school or anything" He said, his words actually sounding liable to me.

"I don't want to be looked after." I found myself saying, a completely unnecessary thing to say at the moment, out of all the things I should have been saying, I found myself telling him off for implying I wouldn't work? "I want to work, I want to stay in school and get my dream" I whispered as he nodded desperately.

"Then I'll get you in to a school by my brothers, and while you're there I can work and save up for us, and then you can get your job too" He said, the words falling from his mouth at an uncomfortably quick speed. "I wont ever stop you doing what you want to do, I know you have dreams, and aspirations and everything that I don't, and Sophie I admire you so much for that, I wont put a stop to that" he said, his thumb messily running over my cheek.

I found tears welling in my eyes as I listened to him. I loved this boy so much, he cared for me, he was one of the few people who actually did. Ben used to say he'd provide for us when we were older that 'Id never have to work a day in my life' and I never wanted that, but this was what I wanted.

I wanted passion and lust, I craved romance and gentle touches. I needed the slow and lazy kisses and the protective stares, the full on fights and arguments, I needed Niall and every single aspect of him.

"Yes."

The words slipped out of my mouth far too quickly, my mind wasn't connecting with my mouth. My mind was screaming at me, throwing rocks at me, trying to get me listen to the logical side of things. But as I'd said from the beginning, Niall threw away my logical thinking.

"What?" Niall furrowed his eyebrows causing a laugh to escape my lips.

"I said, yes." I repeated as he widened his eyes before nodding and pulling me tightly in to his chest.

"You won't regret this, I'm gonna make sure I look after you and get you in to a school, and get your dream job a-and-"

He rambled on and on, trapping me against him, his arms pressed against his back before he finally let up and let me breathe.

"We have to leave now though, if we're going to do this we do it now" I said, trying my best not to change my mind as Niall nodded and pecked my lips before jumping off the bed and grabbing a duffel bag, shoving clothes in to it as I shook my head and pulled the bag from his hands.

"I'll pack your stuff, but I need clothes too" I frowned, realising that one of us would need to go next door to my house and retrieve clothes.

"You snuck in to my bedroom that time didn't you? Do you think you could do it again?" I asked running my fingers through his hair as he nodded, eager to get out of here. "I have a bag in my wardrobe, grab some leggings and shirts, then some clean underwear" My cheeks flushed a deep shade of red as I explained to Niall where he would find my underwear, cringing at the thought of him going through my drawers and seeing my unflattering bras and knickers that were waist huggers, with spongebob or puppys printed all over them.

I sat quietly on Nialls floor, packing him clothes as I thought through what I was about to do. I couldn't tell Louis, or even say goodbye to him. Not that it would be goodbye, I would see him again, and I'd see my brother. I hoped. I wasn't leaving anything behind, I wasn't.

Not long after he left, Niall came back in to his room, panting as he handed me the poorly packed bag, kneeling next to me and hurriedly zipping up his stuff.

"I heard voices, I think it was your dad" He breathed out as I widened my eyes and nodded standing up with both our bags as Niall took them from me and slung them over his shoulders. "We have to leave." He said as I looked up at him, panic lacing my features as he frowned and kissed me softly.

"Do you trust me?" he asked softly as I nodded and he laced our fingers. "Then trust me now." He whispered before leading me out of the house, walking unseen down the road as I looked behind me at the two houses, side by side for what I presumed would be the last time.