chapter twenty nine

I was right, I didn’t have an escape from Niall, and I didn’t have an escape from Ben, from my friends, my family. I didn’t have an escape from reality.

But I was in dire need to find one.

I’ve managed to maintain my distance with Niall 'for five days, It hasn’t been easy. Every time he saw me, he’d make a dart towards me, and every time he did that I’d make a run for it. I wasn’t going to let him get me alone, I wasn’t going to let his lies seduce me further, I wasn’t going to allow his words to sink in to my mind and linger in there forever more.

“No Louis, and to be honest with you, I’m not planning to anytime soon.” I sighed, it seemed, since Louis and I had made up, that he had suddenly become pro-Niall and every chance he got tried to bring him up.

“But Sophie, I saw the way you two were together, you’re letting it go.”

“I have Ben Louis, end of.” I muttered walking past the crowds of students on my way out of school for the week. Despite what plans my mother had made this weekend, for once I was going to defy them and stay in my bed for the entire weekend.

“Listen to me.” Louis grabbed me and pulled me aside from the crowd and pushing me against the brick wall that lined the path to and from school. “I get it, you have Ben, but please don’t let Niall go.” Louis practically begged as I looked at him raising my eyebrows.

“Did Niall put you up to this Louis?” I asked inquisitively as his demeanour suddenly changed, unsure.

“No.” he muttered avoiding my eye contact as he looked everywhere else around him.

“Louis?” I pushed, sighing. I hoped Niall hadn’t put Louis up to this, because he was making it difficult to stay away from him.

“It’s not that he put me up to it…” Louis confessed as he began walking away, I looked around me confusedly as I tried to catch up to him, making it to the end of the school gates before I could actually grab his arm.

“Its nothing Sophie.” Louis exasperated as I widened my eyes angrily, tilting my head to the side.

When he didn’t budge, I huffed and began walking away, quickly through the crowds.

“Sophie alright!” Louis sighed running after me and pulling me back. “I cant afford to be in anymore fights with you.” He chuckled as I maintained my facial expression.

“We’re in the same geography class, and today he pushed Melissa out of the way and forced me to sit next to him.” Louis said chuckling slightly, it made me smile, imagining Nialls frankness as he forced Louis to sit with him awkwardly. “I thought he’d just shut up but Sophie, and I’m not exaggerating here, the whole hour, he talked about you.”

I felt my facial expressions soften at the thought of Niall, not being rude or sarcastic but talking about me, someone he’s not supposed to be friends with, with someone he absolutely hates.

“What-“ I began slowly as Louis cocked an eyebrow up. We were down a quieter street now. “What was he saying?”

“Just a load of stuff about how he didn’t know what to do.” Louis said not really interested in the conversation anymore. “But Sophie, I mean it when I say that kid likes you.” He mumbled as he pulled out his phone.

Did he really like me? No. god, Sophie. I’m being naïve and getting sucked in to his lies again. I didn’t like him. I was done. I was 100% done with him.

“See you.” Louis waved as he turned down his street leaving me alone.

I wasn’t going to get sucked in by Niall like Louis now had, he wasn’t what he made out he was. He didn’t care. He played girls, he slept with them and then left them, I wasn’t going to become one of those girls, I wasn’t going to be like Chloe, one of his regulars. I didn’t need Niall to feel the rebellion that I now craved, I didn’t need him for anything.