Chapter Thirty -One

I was up, in a hurry, late as usual, running down the stairs getting ready, quickly made breakfast, got myself dressed and decided to drive to college. While driving I reminisced the idea of work and how I been off work for a week so I needed to head back.

My thoughts were all over the place. Was he going to kiss me yesterday? Did I ruin it? Well yes I did. I had my reasons, but most important one is does he still care about winning the bet or does he like me too?

I decide to leave my thought alone. Just listen to the music on the radio. Rules by Dua lipa blasted from the speakers.

One, don't pick up the phone.
You know he's only calling because he's drunk and alone.
Two, don't let him in your have to kick him out again.
Three, don't be his friend.
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in morning and if you're under him.
You anit getting over him.
I got new rules .
I count 'em.

As I walk into college approaching the corridor, I see Kyle but no Mellissa with him, Wait! Stacy is with him. WHAT! NO! This cant be, am I seeing things.

Kyle is kissing Stacy this doesn't make sense, What is going on here? Why isn't he pushing her away?

I stand their watching what was going on. His arms limp at his side and push up against the locker. Stacy has both hands on his checks. 

They both open their eyes to see me standing there in the hallway. I quickly rush past them to end of the hall. I can hear arguing but don't bother to wait up.

"Leigh!" Kyle shouts. "It's not what it looks like."

I turn around to look at him, shaking my head and then start walking again. I hear him shout my name in the hallway. Everyone is looking at the both of us now to see what new juicy gossip we may have in store for them.

As I'm drowned in my own grief.I burst into the nearest lady's  restroom.

"Leigh! Please come out so we can talk about this please!" Kyle shouts into the bathroom.

"So you tell me that you two kissing was lie! That it's not your fault ,well it happened!"

"No, us two kissing was not a lie. It's was real Leigh. It happened, but your right it wasn't my fault. It just happened so fast."

"Ha, sure it's wasn't your fault. Just leave me alone Kyle. I don't want to hear your pathetic excuse anymore. I don't want to talk to you." I say placing my hands on the sink.

"Please trust me and believe me it wasn't my fault."

" You know I really liked you Kyle. I thought you were different when I got to know you. I guess I was wrong. "

"I'm still the same person Leigh."

"Clearly not! Just go away!"

"Leigh please listen to me." Kyle begged

"Just go. " I say my voice starting to crack at the end.

I trusted him and believe in him. But that's my fault I let my guard down.

The bell had signalled the start of the first lesson. I wipe the tears from my eyes. Kyle Cullen is not worth my tears. I pull a small smile onto my face. I walk out the room making the door slowly close be-hide me. 

"Your late Leigh!"

"Yes sir I'm very aware of that." I say with a bit attitude and head to my seat.