Chapter XLVII

I look at the dress that my mom bought me for tonight's dinner. I grabbed it and decided to wear it, before fixing my hair and applying a thin layer of makeup onto my face. After I finished wearing the dress, I look at my reflection in the mirror.

It is a mauve lace dress with a thin waistline and a flowy skirt that I was sure that It could fan me when I twirl in it. I grabbed my comb and started brushing my hair, leaving it straight. I applied a little bit of foundation and concealer under my eyes, after doing those, I applied a light shade of matte lipstick on my lips.

I grabbed my phone and a small pouch that matched the dress my mom bought me. I grabbed the white flat shoes that have this cute ribbon on it. I slipped it on and jogged downstairs. I stopped and stare at my mom in awe when I saw her in her dress.

Sure, I have seen her wore lots of formal dresses for dinner parties but she doesn't look this stunning. I smile at her as she applies her makeup on the mirror. She wore a beautiful beige dress, the neckline didn't plunge but rather showed off her breasts in an elegant manner.

Wearing a diamond necklace that was really eye-catching. "You look beautiful, mom," I said and she smiles at the mirror as she fills in her eyebrows. 

"Thank you. You look pretty yourself," She says and I chuckle, watching her apply makeup looks very satisfying to watch, I don't even know why. "I have a question," I started as I sway, feeling the flow of the skirt of the dress.

"What happened to Luke?" I asked. She applies her own red lipstick to her lips, her favorite kind of shade that makes her lips appear bold and makes her appearance scream, confident.

"Luke?" She questions. I look at her, giving her a questioning look. She didn't forget about him already, did she?  "Luke, the guy you were dating—"

"Before," She finishes my sentence. "He cheated on me. Actually, I found out that I was his side chick and that he was married," Mom says as she continues to apply more makeup.

"Hmm," I said as I scratch my chin, "What about Eric? Daniel? Tristan?" I keep on mentioning the name of the guys she dated, but I only managed to memorize and recognize the faces of a few, "And the others?"

"Don't mention them, Felicity. Those were the guys I dated before," She said as she spares me a glance in the mirror and I roll my eyes playfully.

I watch her dig into her makeup bag, finding an eyeshadow palette, perhaps. "I just hope that Liam will be the last guy, you know? Or maybe, hope that you won't keep on dating every single day, like before and date different types of guys."

"I'm just dating new guys to find the right one. Just be happy for me," Mom said as she turns around, giving me a sad smile. I look at her eyes and smile.

"I am. I just hope you find the right dude for you or you can always stay single," I said as I throw her a thumbs up and she gives me an annoyed look in the mirror, "Joking."

Nope. Not really.

I look at her dress once again, smiling at how beautiful she looks tonight. "Mom," I said. She looked in the mirror, "How come you didn't cry when you found out that Luke was cheating on you—rather, knowing that you were his side chick?"

She pursed her lips. Putting back all of the makeup products back in her makeup bag, she turns around and looked into my eyes. "I don't like wasting my tears at the wrong guy, no matter how much he told me he loves me or how much I love him. Because I know that I am stronger than letting myself be showered upon weakness."

"Your dad was an exception because I know that he is the one for me but, everything turned into chaos. So..." she says, walking towards me, placing both of her hands on my shoulders, "If you find someone that you love, I hope you won't waste your tears on the wrong guy," She says as she caresses my cheek with the palm of her hands.