Is There room?

Warning. There is no plot.

     (Takes place in season 5, in the lighthouse, around episodes 2-5) WARNING, SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5!

                                                                         -nightsisterkaris

    --------- -:x:- ---------

     "Well? Are we going to find somewhere to spend the night?" Daisy asked. "We can't risk being pickpocketed or arrested by Kree by staying in the hall." She remarked.    

"There is one room that I know of." Tess offered.

     -:x:-

     "Here you go. Level 14, subsection B3, room number 276." Tess guided the team. "I'll bargain for some more pallets. And a cot if we're lucky. Perhaps I can find some curtains and blankets. You know how cold it gets at night. But all your wages combined should pay for such a large room. And there should be extra for your rations and such." Tess said, loading the codes onto their metrics, along with the entry password.

     "Thank you so much for risking yourself for us." Coulson told her, and thanks was echoed though the team. Tess nodded, and raced off to her job/shift.

-:x:-

     Mack and Yo-yo agreed to have one section, and Daisy immediately paired up with Jemma. Leaving Coulson and May to the last section of the room. Tess helped them settle in, managing to snag three pallets, four blankets, and some drapes. Everyone agreed to give Coulson and May the extras, but Coulson was quick to make sure that May would be comfortable as possible. When the lights went out on their level, nobody was ready. So there was a lot of shuffling around, trying to settle down for the 'night'.  

   The night was cold, and May tried to keep from shivering. But Coulson noticed, and reached over to her. He pulled her closer to him, and whispered, "Don't be afraid to be a blanket hog."

     "I won't." May answered, and she slowly inched closer to him. "'Night."

     "Good night."

-:x:-

     The days were monotone, blurring together into a cycle of sameness. The team made everything work. A time of silence after the lights went out was decided upon by the team, so that everyone to get a good night's rest. (Enforced by May if need be.)

     Every night was the same. Except for one difference from the first night. After the second night, May felt no shame for leaning against Phil for warmth. But before she could get any sleep, May usually Had to tell Daisy and Jemma to "shut off the giggles." Then she would join Phil on their little pallet. And the funny thing was, even though the mattress was thin, lumpy, and way too small for two adults, it wasn't too bad with Coulson there. Even though she felt only slightly guilty for falling asleep in his embrace.

-:x:-

     Daisy had another sleepless night. She quietly got up, hoping not too wake Jemma, and left the room to roam the dangerous halls. Even though it was past curfew. But Daisy didn't care. As she passed Coulson and May's section, she happened to get a glimpse around the curtains. There they were huddled together against the cold. And May was shamelessly curled up against Coulson. 

   Daisy stifled her gasp, and left for her risky midnight stroll. But when she got back, she hesitated before scanning her metric to open the door. Daisy considered not returning, but she knew that the team would freak out if she wasn't there in the morning.