Even if we can't find Heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you.

Hey guys! this is based off Rachel Platten's 'Stand By You' a.k.a. the most ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF PHILINDA I've ever heard in a song!

    Okay. As you can see, im here with another *drumroll* . . .  songfic!!!!!

    -nightsisterkaris

    --------- -:x:- ---------

    They had literally gone through hell for each other. From other dimensions to working with demons to just simply being by the other's side. And if that wasn't a testiment to their loyalty, Phil didn't know what was.

   Oh wait. They had both died, lived in a virtual world, saved each other's life on multiple occasions, gained scars both physical and mental, and fought their way through underwater stations and post-apocalyptic worlds.

   So actually, there were other testments. 

   Phil glanced to the woman beside him, who was finishing up her Tai Chi as he looked on. Melinda suddenly asked, "how long have you been staring at my butt?" 

    "Thirty years." He said.

    Melinda scoffed, tightening the rolled up mat and placing it back against the wall. Phil turned to her side and handed her a mug of steaming tea, which had filled the room with a sweet aroma.

   He continued to follow her with his gaze. "you know that gets creepy really quick." She said.

   "It's not creepy. It's admiration." Phil corrected her.

    Melinda huffed a small laugh. "Admiration for what?"

    "Your strength." He said.

    "Not my butt?" She smirked.

    He gave her that look, slowly shaking  his head. "I mean, maybe a little." He confessed.

    Melinda rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her tea. "Elaborate."

    "On your butt? Well..." He began, and She raised an eyebrow at him and he stopped, paused, and started again. "I've been thinking..." He looked away. "We've always had each other's backs." Melinda nodded. "We've always been friends. And yet... Why didn't you leave SHIELD when you wanted to? I mean, you practically joined the team against your will."

   Melinda turned to stand in front of him.

   "Because I love you, Phil. Because I'm gonna stand by you no matter what. There is nothing that will change that. Even if we don't find Heaven, I'll walk through hell with you." Melinda said slowly, letting every word sink in. 

   Phil tried to look away, but Melinda gently reached up and cupped his jaw, movie his face back to look at her. "What's wrong?" She breathed. 

    "Ive... I've died. And I've killed people,... And you deserve someone better. I don't deserve you." He said. 

    "I've killed people too." She whispered. "I may not be proud of it, but I have accepted it. You aren't alone." She said. "And frankly, its ironic. That's a speech I would have given you."

    He just looked at her with full attention, and she nodded. "So I want you to know I'll always be by your side. I'm gonna stand by you."

   "Thank you, Melinda." He said, and reached out and hugged her. She melted into it, holding g him tight. "I love you." He said.

   "I love you too." She breathed, one hand resting over his scar. She was the only person in the world who knew where his scars were. And vise versa. 

   He took her hands, letting go. He pressed his forehead against hers, and thanked her again. Melinda let go of his hand for a moment to touch his face, and kiss him softly. 

    "Love, You're not alone. I'm gonna stand by you."