Hollywood AU

Note:

     The character that Melinda May plays in the movie is totally fictional. Her name, "Alethia Wen" is derived from the first name that Mo and Jed had considered for the character of Melinda May, 'Alethia Rice', but when Ming-Na Wen auditioned for the role, Mo and Jed changed it to "Melinda May". Her last name is, respectively, named after Ming-Na herself. 

    Daisy's character (Michaela Bennet) is named after Ming-Na Wen's real daughter, Michaela, and Chloe Bennet.

    -nightsisterkaris

--------- -:x:- ---------

   "Melinda!" "Smile, Sweetie!" "Mrs. May!" "Ma'am, Look over here!" "Melinda May!" Reporters and paparazzi and photographers screamed at Melinda, begging for the famous smile that they could sell for hundreds of dollars to the magazines, and Melinda let her lips evade them, keeping her face strait and neutral, occasionally looking one camera down the lens and giving it her famous sexy smirk.

   Taking  another few steps down the carpet, she paused, posing once again and letting Daisy Johnson take center stage. Finally at the end, Melinda gave a couple remaining faithful cameras a full grin for only half a second before she disappeared into the wall of roses, nodding to her pose instructor and heading back to take a seat with the rest of all these superstars. 

   Soon Daisy appeared, taking Melinda's side.

   "Really? Blue again?" Melinda looked down at Daisy's ball gown, scrunching her eyebrows.

   "Seriously, Mom. I love blue."

   "I told you to try that nude and green one." Melinda frowned. "I don't know why you love that color so much."

   "Yeah, but Jemma had another blue one, and you know how much she loves to just doll me up. . ." Daisy grinned, "Anyway, I was hoping you and I would have a better time if I was wearing a color I actually felt comfortable in." 

   Melinda sighed, plastering her face with a smile as she passed all these incredibly famous people. The guest with the lowest Net Worth might be only about seven million to their name in this room.

    "Ah, Mrs Melinda!" Nick Fury, one of the world's top film producers approached her. "I have a proposition for you."

   "Yes?" Melinda let go of Daisy, following the man.

   "I have a part in an upcoming movie that I want you in."

   "Send it to my agent." Melinda waves her hand.

   "You see, There is something you want to know."

   "What?" Melinda folded her arms.

   "I, uh, kind of need you." Fury bit his lip, 

   "Why?" Melinda sighed.

    "You're not only perfect for the rool, but it's a spin off of one of your first movies." Fury said, "and I can't make this movie if you don't play your original roll. You know the fandom would be furious if we replaced Agent Wen."

    "No." Melinda glared, shaking her head before turning around and marching back.

    "Daisy Johnson has already agreed to play the role of Agent Wen's daughter." Fury sighed, running after her. "Phil Coulson is already signed and so is several others." He paused, and Melinda turned. "This is promising to be the blockbuster of this decade, and the fandom only grows tenfold every year. I've been getting fanletters begging for another movie for the last twenty years."