No Magic, All Tragic

Title taken from Calum Scott's 'Give Me Something'. Based off the post above.

      There's a lot of self-reflection during violence. You have been warned. 

     -nightsisterkaris

      --------- -:x:- ---------

     She'd never been one for words. Melinda May was not one to speak for expressing herself.

     Which made it quite ironic that she loved someone who talked to much.

     Melinda had never been one to go to someone for help. She had never always gone to seek out someone for help.

     Which made it ironic that she loved someone who went to her in times of need.

     May had never been one for public displays of affection. She was not one to hold hands, drop kisses, or cuddle in public. 

     Which was ironic, because she wanted to, now.

    Looking to her left, Melinda growled as she attacked the HYDRA agents. She had some aggression to let out. Punching the goon's face with the force of a battering ram, Melinda started talking without thinking. "It's always us." She hissed, kicking someone in the groin.

   "Just when I think it's a good time to make a move, and -BOOM- I'm replaced by a robot." She snarled, breaking the ribs of another HYDRA baddie.

   "Right when I think I might be able to at least talk -  "Melinda huffed, Choking her opponent. "-and, Hello dystopian future!" She sarcastically called. 

   Doing a backflip, May narrated the story of earlier that day. "And then the idiot actually HANDED HIMSELF OVER TO HALE!!!" She continued. "Later, I actually told him, to. His. Face: that I loved him." Why was life never letting her have at least a little magic? Why was it always so painful?

   "I'm so sorry." The man she was killing stared with awestruck fear before she knocked him out. 

   "I said what I needed to! How else am I supposed to keep you safe, Phil?!?!" She roared, bruising her hand against another terminator robot face as she ripped of it's head. Then tore off it's arm, beating the android with it's own sparking bionic limb. She swung around, slicing off the legs of another robot with the fake arm, throwing it across the room in the process and pinning the last enemy.

   "Uh, mom?" Daisy is standing in the corner, eyes wide as she witnesses May's explosion of death and destruction, fueled by the tragedy of the last few days. "You really had some pent up aggression back there."

   "Yeah." Melinda glares at the floor. 

    "I. . . I didn't know that you told him." Daisy stutters as they head down the hall. May realizes that Daisy heard everything. 

  "Yeah."

   "Did he say it back?"

   May's glance answered the question for her.

   "I'm so sorry, May." Daisy says, "I think he's just worried about you."

   "If he really cared, he'd at least explain that he didn't love me back!" May retorts.

   Daisy had the audacity to laugh. "No, He definitely loves you." she says. "I just think that he doesn't want to break your heart when he. . . dies."

    "Which is why we're going to save him." Melinda looks up at the younger woman, referencing their secret plan.

   "Well, let's get this finished with." Daisy says, frowning as they continue on their HYDRA base infiltration.

   -:x:-

   (Back at the lighthouse)

   "You're an idiot." Daisy walks up and slaps Phil across the cheek, leaving a sharp sting. May had taught her well.

   "Excuse me?" Coulson grunts.

   "May killed the entire army of HYDRA people down there with a commentary monologue about how mad at you she was." Daisy said. "She loves you."

   Phil blinked.

   "You're such an idiot!" Daisy frowns, folding her arms. "May loves you, and would rather you loving her than watching you die denying it." 

   "I know." Phil says. "But I'm saving her from further heartbreak-"

   "No, you aren't!" Daisy interrupts. "Don't you see?" She pleads. "May doesn't want that. You think you're being the hero and doing the nobel thing by 'sparing her', but you aren't. You're being selfish. So I'm telling you, Go tell her the truth."

   Phil looked up. "You're right. I'll go tell her right now."