Don't leave me.

Heyyyyyyyy guyyyyyyys. Enjoy da fic. It's gunna be angsty.

     *Warning: mentions of suicide*

        -nightsisterkaris

--------- -:x:- ---------

     "The last thing you need I to waste your time on another lost cause." Phil told her, looking her strait in the eye. 

     May didn't hesitate or waver when she declared, "Who I waste my time on is for me to decide." She wasn't giving up.

     -:x:-

     May stood as Fitz helped Phil put on the belt and placed the gravitonium orb in his hand. She watched as he solumley glanced at her.  Yes, he was definitely something to waste her time on.

   May grabbed his arm. "Let me go." She pleaded with him to let her do this instead.       

    He looked at her, and she stared back into his blue eyes. "I can't." He sighed. "Because you're stronger than me. If I lost you..." He trailed off, looking ahead. "There wouldn't be anything left for me to fight for." He whispered. May almost fell over. She wasn't some teen will a crush! And yet...

     "Be careful. 'kay? Come back." She begged.

    "I have every intention of doing so." And with that,  Phil nodded, and headed off to stop the fear dimension.

     -:x:-

    May paced back and fourth as Daisy tried to keep in contact. She never paced. What was wrong with her? (She knew darn well what was wrong)

    "Coulson?" Daisy said into obvious static. "Coulson!" She repaeted. 

     May leaned over the girls shoulder. "What happened?"

    "We lost contact." Daisy said. "The rift must be messing with our communication."

    May bit down the tears. He was just not answering. He was going to be fine. Even if he was dying. She was already planning on dragging him away from all this, saving him, and forcing him into early retirement with her. So he wouldn't have to lave her side again.

     -:x:-

     Coulson was back, safe. When he had returned, with deathlok, AKA Mike Peterson, helping him up, May forced herself not to run over, and hug him tight.

     So that night, after FitzSimmons wedding, she snuck to his bunk. 

    "Please tell me you're not serious." She sighed, opening the door without knocking. He was sitting on the bed, staring into space.

     "I've come to terms with my death." He told her.

     "And if I haven't?"

     "You can find someone else. Maybe random civilian number fifteen?" He joked.

     "No, I won't." May affirmed. "I can't lose you, Phil. Ive lost you once, and I still remember living in a life without you. Do you know how I felt?" He shook his head. "STARVED. I felt starved."

    "The drug let me change a few people's lives, save the world a couple times. You and Daisy can lead SHIELD just fine without me." He said. 

     "It's not SHIELD without you." She told him.

     "I'll fight as long as I'm still here."

     "Why can't we ever get a break? Why can't we ever have a life?!?" May wanted to throw something. Or punch someone.

     "We're SHIELD agents." He reminded her.

     "We could have, though. We could have had a life." May closed her eyes, leaning against the wall. "Together." She said under her breath.

     "You wanted it to?" He asked. May looked up in suprise. He had heard her?

     "Yes." She sighed.

     "I'm so sorry, May." He reached out, opening his arms in invitation.

     May let herself melt into the hug. She could hear the light, dull thump of the once shredded heart under her ear. May let a single tear fall. He was warm, so warm and inviting.

     "I can't lose you. I can't lose you again." May repeated into his chest.

     "May. Mel, when I'm gone-"

     "But I won't let you be gone!" She pushed him backward, standing strait. "I. Will. Not. Let. You!"

    "Woah. Robin needs you, and-"

    "Simmons can watch her!" May declared. "You die, I'm coming with you!"

    "Now who's giving up?" He responded harsher then he'd planned.

    "YOU!" May turned around, and prepared to storm out the door.

    "May, suicide is never the answer!" He grabbed her when he realized what she had said.

    May fought it, twisting away. "I will not. Let. You. Die!!" She declared again.

    "Melin-"

    "Shut it Phil." She elbowed away his hand. Facing him down, she growled, "if this is what you really want-"

     "I dont want-"

     "-to die, then fine." She was a hurricane as she left. "Then fine!!!" She thundered from the hall.

     He knew better than to follow.

     -:x:-

      May hadn't cried herself to sleep in years. But hours later, something woke her up. The door to her room was opened, and May grabbed the gun from under her pillow. "Who is it?!?" She waited. The door was still opened, and May looked toward the crack of hall light.

     She fired the gun, thinking that whatever this was, it might be from the fear dimension rift thingy opening again.

     "May! Its just me!" Phil jumped. May was relieved she hadn't shot him.

    "Go away Phil!" She yelled, the anger returning.

    "May, I'm sorry." He was leaning against the hallway wall, talking through the door. "But this is the only way-"

     "Shut up, or I'll make you!!!!" She threatened. "I'll find another way!" She yelled, then reconsidered. If Phil had to die to realize that she loved him, then so be it. "Fine. Come in." May Put the gun down, and the door opened. Phil came in and sat down next to her on the bed. May glared at him.

   "Saving the world is-" he started, but May slapped him across the face. Hard.

   "Not YOUR JOB!" May finished. "Robin said that we all have to. Not just you!" She crossed her arms.

    "But-" he rubbed his cheek. It might leave a mark.

    "I will slap you again." May gave him an intense look.

    He shut up.

     "I'm so sorry." He said a few moments later.

    "Oh you'd better be." She hissed.

    "I am." He nodded.

    "Just stay."  She knew she was supposed to still be mad at him, but they both knew that they could never be mad at each other for more then five minutes.

    "I will."