Letters to May

Anybody remember that one chapter, Evermore? Well imagine that everything which happened in that story all happened just before this one. I wrote this while I was supposed to be doing Algebra homework, but as you can see, I'm procrastinating like a boss!

     Enjoy!

    -nightsisterkaris

    --------- -:x:- ---------

     They were gone. 

     May and Coulson were dust, killed off by a mad Titan.

     Closing the cabin door, Daisy couldn't believe it as she walked back to the Zephyr, the inhuman dragging her feet in the sand. Climbing the upwards slant of the  ramp, she shook her head to Mack, Elena, and Fitzsimmons, holding back the tears. "Lets get home." She whispered, watching Fitz solemnly insert their base's coordinates into the Zephyr's main computer, and they left behind the sunny Tahitian island.

   -:x:-

    "Guys, I think we should stop at the old base." Daisy said. 

   "Providence? Why?" Mack asked, still getting used to his role as director. 

   "We should check for anything that can help us rebuild." 

   Mack glanced at his team to see their reaction, and watched them nod in agreement. Sighing, Mack turned to Fitz, "Turn this bird around."

    -:x:-

    Approaching the rubble, Daisy pushed aside several sheets of metal, observing the explosions' destruction. Reaching a possible entry, she watched as Fitz deployed the new dwarves, which scanned for unsafe structure and anything dangerous. 

   Pushing through the half razed base, Daisy and Mack headed in. Fitzsimmons stayed back to investigate the old lab and se if they could salvage any of their old Data and instruments, and Elena staying back to keep the Zephyr's engines on.

    "It's Mace's old office." Mack whispered.

   "Maybe Coulson left something in there before Mace became director." Daisy said, slamming her shoulder into the door to break it open, and walking in. 

   On one side, the wall bricks were shattered, crumbling to dust. "There's his desk," Daisy whispered, heading over. She squatted down beside the old wooden furniture, where the sonic effect of the bombs had caused it to collapse into itself, folding over.       

   "Wow." Mack nodded, and Daisy leaned down to retrieve the still intact drawers. Pulling them out, she handed the stolen drawers to Mack for him to set aside, that way the team could bring the files back to the lighthouse and go through them later.           

   Daisy turned so that she could begin to scan the wall, when she noticed a glint from inside the old desk. Frowning, Daisy reached in, fingering the strange metal piece, and discovering a latch. Pulling the tiny pin upwards, she undid the hook.          

   A panel popped open, revealing a secret compartment. Daisy gasped with surprise at her discovery, excitedly reaching in. There were almost a hundred envelopes, all smushed inside, and a couple jewelry boxes. Pulling it all out and into her lap, Daisy turned to look up at Mack.     

   "This stuff doesn't seem professional." she said. "And as their chosen ward..." (BTW, for anyone whose confused, I'm not referencing Grant Ward, but a 'ward' as in someone who inherits a person's belongings and is not legal family).