Medieval AU

Uh... even I'm not sure what this chapter is. But just imagine the knights, castles, princes and princesses time. Like, think of Jemma, Bobbi, Skye, Elena, and Melinda all with the traditional really long hair and the dresses, and all the guys with the Medieval attire and you'll be fine.

   Seriously guys, I was just having fun when I wrote this.

    -nightsisterkaris

   --------- -:x:- ---------

   "I am heir to Afterlife's throne, Princess Skye!" The knight ripped off his - her - helmet, and called to the crowd, her sword still pointed at her defeated opponent.

   King Phillip of the Zephyr Clan leaned forward in his seat, studying the young woman who had somehow entered the contest as a knight. "She looks like you," the king whispered to his queen. Queen Melinda smiled with amusement, not allowing the old, painful memories to surface.

     Twenty-six years ago, she had given birth to a beautiful little princess, whom she knew for only eight minutes. The nurse took the baby girl to clean her up, and they never saw their daughter again. The investigation that had followed revealed little more than that the nurse was a spy for the Hydra lands, and had stolen the newborn child. The nurse's body was found twelve miles from the castle, slaughtered by wolves, no trace of the baby princess to be found. Queen Melinda and King Phillip had been to heartbroken to try for another child. This, of course, posed as a problem, for now people were wondering, who will be their heir? Hopefully, the banquet tonight would help narrow down candidates and someday answer that question.

    The tournament guards pointed their spears at the imposter. Phillip put up his hand. "Why did you enter the contest, if you are a woman?" he asked Skye.

   "To win an invitation to the banquet tonight, of course." Skye answered sharply.

   "She acts like you too." Phil told Melinda.

   The tournament watchers gasped at the knight's reply, still shocked at the gender reveal.

   King Phillip pondered his predicament. This 'Princess Skye' had rightfully won the tournament. By law, she deserved the prize invitation. "But she entered under false identity." Phil's advisor, Lord Garret hissed, his pet wolf staring at Skye with piercing red eyes. 

     Phillip turned to Melinda instead. "What do you think?" he asked his queen.

    "I believe she has rightfully won." Melinda nodded gracefully.

    King Phillip stood. "Then present to her the prize!" He said. 

    Scowling, Lord Garret handed Skye the rolled up scroll. The winning princess approached the royal stand, and bowed low. "I hope to see you tonight." Skye said.

   -:x:-

   "You look beautiful, Melinda." The king whispered. 

   "You say that everyday." she chided. 

   "Doesn't make it any less true." Phillip said, kissing his wife's fingers. 

    While most kingdoms would frown at the idea of shared power between a king and his queen, the kingdom of Shield thought differently. 

    The people loved their royals, especially Queen Melinda. The story of her secretly sneaking off to join her husband in battle was a legend. When the armies of HYDRA had attacked the land, King Phillip had lead his own army to push them back, and protect the border. When Phil was wounded in battle, the Queen had revealed herself, saved his life, and proceeded to rally the troops for one last stand. Melinda had lead the charge, sword raised high as she rode her horse down the hill. This is how Queen Melinda came to be known as "The Warrior Queen" and "The Cavalry."