3 times Melinda Realized Just How Much Phil Loves Her

1) 

     May knew that she was the only one who was allowed in Phil's desk. Sometimes, when it wasn't occupied, she would sit down and do her paperwork in the director's desk. Right now, she was working on a de-brief.

   The door was opened, and May looked up to Coulson giving a tour to new recruits. "This is my office, -no coming in except for emergencies or if I call you. The nice lady in the desk is Melinda May, Agent May to you, and won't be very nice if you break some of the rules we mentioned earlier." some of the recruits gulped. "And she is a-MAY-zing." Phil said. "Oh, and she is the only one allowed in my desk."

    May looked up, fighting back a smile.  "Phil, shut up."

    "Ohhhhhhhh! Burn-" a recruit in the back said.

     Phil ignored them. "And you are never to underestimate her. And no touching my stuff, except May." He added. 

    Some of the younger agents snickered. "Yes sir."

    "And if I'm not here, she is the boss. Thee big boss. The Grande Jefe. The most important-"

     May mock glared. "Go show them somewhere else. Preferably not me." May raised an eyebrow, and kept fighting the smile.

    "Fiiiiiine." Phil sighed, still watching her. The recruits were getting restless.

    "That means stop staring at me." May waited.              

    "Yes ma'me." He muttered, finally leaving. May heard the group shuffle down the hall.

    "But you're director. You give orders." someone said.

    "I may be director, but she's the boss of me. That's part of being in a relationship. She is ALWAYS  the boss. Do you understand, my young Padawan?" May heard Phil say.

     May finally let that smile show, grinning to her work. "I can still hear you!" she called afrer them.

    -:x:-

   2)

     May missed Phil. ALOT. Way more than she would admit.

     And that's how she found herself on the outside of his bunk at 2: 30 in the morning. His bunk would be empty, due to the mission he was currently on, and no one knew when the op would be done. 

     Finally pushing the door open, she trudged across the floor, and collapsed on the bed. She buried her nose in the pillow, and breathed in the smell. Ah. She could sleep now.

    Rolling over, she felt a peice of paper under her bare arm. She turned on the lamp for light. When her eyes adjusted, she read:

     'There is a spare blanket under the bed. You don't need to bring in another.

      (Yes Melinda, I do know that you sleep in my bed when I'm gone.)

       -Phil'

     May groaned, then smiled. Great.

     The next morning, she wasn't alone in the bed.

     -:x:-

     3)

      Pulling herself up on the exercise bar, May counted. Up, 28, down. Up, 29, down. Up, 30, down.

    Finally reaching her half-goal, May dropped down from the pull-ups bar. She was shorter then everyone else, so she had to jump up to get a hold of it. Taking a quick bathroom break, she returned to see a step-stool placed underneath the bar, a bottle of chilled water, and a wash cloth.

     Melinda looked down as she smiled. There were perks to being shorter. Uncapping the water, Melinda took a couple sips before stepping up again. She kicked the plastic stool away, and resumed. Up, 31, down. Up, 32, down.     

     --------- -:x:- ---------

    Sad news, my peeps! Today was my first day of highschool, so I'm afraid that my everyday (or so) publishing streak shall be slaughtered by homework! Im so sorry! But I hope you enjoyed the fic! This book is NOT over. With love,

       -nightsisterkaris