9.5 Agents (One's still loading)

Guys, I have an excuse. I woke up and decided I wanted to write something fluffy. I'm sorry. I'm sure it's really cringy, so I'm going to apologise before hand.

          -nightsisterkaris

      ----------- -:x:- ----------

   No matter how unpredictable and strange their live was, miracles still seemed to happen. When a fifty year old woman stops having to buy feminine products every month, she's usually just going through menopause. But when three tests came up positive, May knew she had to go. 

  Stepping into the office of her baby's father, May sighed. "I need a break."

   "What?" Coulson's voice answered, and then he registered what she said. "Oh, uh, of course."

   "Thanks." May looked down.

   "Something wrong?" Phil asked.

   "Yes-no." May nodded, and left.

    Only twenty minutes later, Daisy came running into the office, a plastic bag in her hands. "I found these in a trash can in the bathroom. And it's NOT me."

    -:x:-

   "You guys both need a break!" Fury's command silenced Coulson. "I'm sending you two to that safe house in the mountains."

    "What?"

    "Good agents don't overwork themselves. Two months. Chose a person to take your place for now. I don't want to hear from you for the next two months!" The line went dead.

    Coulson sighed. At least May was getting her break. And now that someone on his team was pregnant, he had a quick mystery to solve.

    -:x:-

   (That evening)

    "Phil, we need to talk." May approached him.

    "It's you, isn't it?" Coulson let it slip.

    May was silent. Her lips were pressed into a firm line.

    "Daisy found tests." He told her.

    "Yes."

    "I narrowed it down to you or Simmons when I saw Elena and Bobbi drinking together. But anyway, you're getting your break, but Fury is sending me with you." He said.

    May nodded, and blurted out, "You're the father."

   "I suspected so." He threw her a reassuring smile. 

   -:x:-

    Next morning, both resisted talk of the baby during the drive to the safe house. But eventually, Phil asked, "how pregnant are you?"

   "Entirely." May answered, rolling her eyes. 

   "How far?"

    "Simmons said four and a half months."

    "Simmons knew?"

   "I came to you last night right after I told her and she practically tried to tie me down to check it out. She told me the gender."

   "Did you want to know?" Coulson asked. He did.

    "I didn't care."

    "Oh." Coulson checked the directions to the safe house, and May said, "I didn't know till yesterday."