I Feel Perfectly Fine! (Or May Is Sick And Won't Admit It)

Sooooo... My heart procedure has been moved from this Wednesday to the 27th of August. I was kinda mad, because I can't walk up stairs with out collapsing in exhaustion. (I have aortic stenosis with a bicuspid valve. I have to get a valvuloplasty to fix it for a few years.) But it's been moved because there are kids sicker then me who are top priority right now, but I understand. Sooo anyway, enjoy!

      -nightsisterkaris

     --------- -:x:- ---------

     She was sick. The Melinda May was sick. She wouldn't admit it, of course, but the raspy voice, cough, flushed cheeks, and obvious fever was enough to give it away.

    "May?" Jemma stopped the older agent by the door. "Can I get anything for your fever?" 

   "What fever?" May sounded slightly like a growling bear when she answered. And she knew it.

   "Well, you certainly don't look like you feel very good." Jemma tried to sympathize.

    "I'm fine." May dragged herself out the door.

    "May-" 

    -:x:-

     "Woah, May, are you alright?" Bobbi asked.

     "I'm fine." May her paperwork on the desk at the same time as Bobbi finished hers.

     "You certainly don't sound fine." Bobbi mussed.

     "I told you, there's nothing wrong." Melinda retorted, and marched out of the office.

     "But May-" 

     -:x:-

    "Hey... Wait up. Should we get Simmons to check you?" Daisy looked really concerned. 

    "No, I feel great." May forced a smile.

     "Ok. Smile, abnormal peppiness, flushed cheeks," she sarcastically counted on her fingers, "May, you're either high on something, or really sick." Daisy raised an eyebrow.

    "I feel fine." May was about to leave. Why was everyone saying she was sick? Melinda May never got sick.

    "Uh, you definitely don't look fine." Daisy glared, trying to look intimidating, occasionally re-raising her eyebrow.

    May gave no reaction.

     "Come on!" Daisy gave up on the glare. "You taught me that! It's supposed to make you cower in fear!" 

     "Go and finish your work." May told her.

     "But you're sick!" Daisy said.

     "I'm fine!" May power-walked away. She was fine, right?

     "May-"

      -:x:-

      Melinda finished an attempt at a workout. But having to stop through a sixth of her usual push-ups to rest so that her stomach wouldn't surprise empty itself, and sit-ups weren't an option if she wanted to keep the floor clean. Oh, and jogging made her really dizzy. But she was fine, right?

     Grabbing her towel, she mopped her forehead and left. She didn't see Mack, and walked face-first into him.

    "Hey! Watch it!" He said, obviously thinking her a new recruit, then turned around.

    He seemed kinda panicked when he saw who he'd yelled at, then mumbled, "oh, it's just you."

     May stepped aside, going to pass him.