Vacation - Part 2

That morning, Phil woke Melinda up at noon with a kiss. She had tucked her chin onto his chest, and his arm was placed tenderly around her. "Any plans?" He asked.

     "Hmmmmmm..." May hummed, set her head on her hands, and smiled. "We haven't seen ALL of Rome." 

     "That's true." Phil smiled. "Anything in particular?" He inquired.

     "Maybe the Trevi fountain? Bobbi and Hunter beat us there yesterday." She suggested, getting up.

     "I wanted to take you to see Saint Peters square, and the Spanish Steps." He told her, watching her entire the bathroom. "Sounds great." Melinda yawned.

     Phil wouldn't be surprised if there was a spell over Rome. 

     -:x:-

     "Souvenir for the lovely lady?!?" A man with an Italian accent called to the pair. Phil and Melinda ignored all the vendors and sellers advertising their wears, strolling along in the crowd, watching the pilgrims making their journey to the famous steps to pray.

    "Wow. Not as exciting as I expected." Coulson said, looking up at the high steps, Christians climbing up on their knees. 

    "Its still a sight." Melinda smiled, and took his hand. "Trevi fountian?" 

    "Let's do it." Phil nodded.

    -:x:-

   "What's the legend again?" May asked, watching as frenzied tourists rushed for seating and good pictures of the fountain. Water spewed, and the glint of the occasional flying coin diving into the pool flashed in the sunlight.

   "One coin will bring you back to Rome, Two will make you fall in love with a Roman, and three ensures your marriage with that Roman." Coulson answered, and whispered to her, "Which is why I'm only giving you one coin to toss in."

   May almost laughed, and smiled at the ground. Phil pressed a small euro into her hand, and May thought for a second before throwing the coin,

   -and hitting the proud, shining marble sea god right in the groin.

   Phil howled with laughter at her shot, tossing in his own, letting it plink softly into the water. 

   "Wow. So impressive, Phil." May rolled her eyes at his amusement.

   "Hey, I'm not risking being forced to fall in love with someone else!" He joked.

    May froze. What? Then she smiled. "Me neither." She told him.

   -:x:-

    "Its busy alright." Phil said. They had presented their passports for entry to the smallest country in the world, The Vatican city.

    "Alot of stuff to see." Melinda shrugged, taking Phil's hand and intertwining their fingers. "Museums, paintings, relics, statues..."

    "That's true." He laughed. They stood near the giant stone Obelisk, which towered into the sky. Ornately decorated roofs lined the square, and people rushed around to see the place. 

    "You know Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel." Phil pionted to the massive building before them.

    "Yes." May nodded. It was cute when he geeked off.

    "And he painted it on still drying Fresco so it wouldn't fade." 

    "That's interesting." May glanced at him.

    "Am I boring you?" He asked her.

    "No. Not at all." Melinda smiled.

    "What's wrong?" Phil looked at her. Melinda glanced away, listening to the crowd. "Are you alright? You can tell me." He turned her back to face him.

    Melinda looked downward. "Fine. You took me out on a date, kissed me this morning, only threw in one coin at the fountain. And yet you still won't talk to me." She whispered. Phil had to listen hard to hear every word.

   "But we're talking right now." 

    Melinda rolled her eyes. "What i mean is, you're not willing to try the next steps. We've been dancing around this for years. If I make you feel uncomfortable-"

    "Mel, you never make me uncomfortable. Nervous? Absolutely. Uncomfortable? No." Phil looked her in the eye.

    Melinda let out a slightly cliche, "really?"

   "Yes." He told her softly.

   May smiled. "Good."

   "Anything else you wanna see?" Phil asked her.

   "I wanna see you ask me out on a proper date." 

   "Done deal." He grinned. "So, Melinda... Would you like to go out for dinner?"

   "Dinner? Absolutely."

    --------- -:x:- ---------

    So sorry this was shorter! Please forgive me!

    so, when I was in surgery earlier this week, the doctor discovered a tear in my aorta valve that needs to be fixed. It looks kind of old, so it would have put my life in danger (by bleeding internally), had they proceeded with the procedure. I am scheduled to have a Ross procedure on September 10th, and I will be in recovery for a good 4 months until I'm fully back to myself. I'll probably be out of school for two or more weeks, and I want to thank all of you for the wonderful support you gave me last week. Thank you all so much and it meant a lot.

    Thank you again,

   -nightsisterkaris