Matrix AU

So sorry for the late update! Please enjoy! I had fun writing this one! Homework formidably slows down my writing... Ugh. Bye.

     -nightsisterkaris

 --------- -:x:- ---------

     Phil ran through the streets, Melinda May at his side. Agents were hot on their trail. Running into the warehouse house, they saw what they were looking for. A phone rang on the table, and May pushed him forward. "Answer it!" she yelled at him as she began to fire rounds out the window. 

   Grabbing the phone, Phil pressed it to his ear and instantly vanished. 

    Opening his eyes to the bright lights, Phil sat up carefully, letting the information stick thingy that transferred the matrix's virtual world strait into his brain, via electric pulses.

    He wobbled as he stood up, and looked to his left. 

    Melinda laid on the table, her eyes darting around under her eyelids as she fought with her mind. Fitz worked one computer while Daisy frantically typed, hacking in another call. 

     In a virtual world, a phone rang.

     A few seconds later, Melinda took a huge breath, and opened her eyes.  Phil smiled as he leaned over her, and May's eyes reflected his shadow. Her dark, upturned eyes were a rare beauty, and Phil could stare into them all day. 

     "Well, that was close." She smiled, wincing as she slowly sat up, the pronged plug exiting the metal hole through her skull.  

    "Yeah, you okay?" He asked, taking her hand and pulling her up.

    "Got shot in the shoulder." She answered, streching her arm. The matrix literally uploaded information into ones brain so that it caused them to experience a virtual world. If your avatar in the matrix died, then your brain died to, and you can't live without your brain. But injury is simply your wounded nerves sending distress pulses to your brain, and your brain then recognized them as pain. So if you receive pain pulse information through the matrix, you feel pain in real life, because the brain controls the nerves.

    May threw him a half smile, and headed over to their crew on Zephyr (it was the proud sistership of the Nebuchadnezzar). "Any signs of sentinals?" May asked them. 

    "Nope!" Daisy grinned. "Omigosh May! I saw you in there taking out those agents! You were awesome!" The girl grinned. (The crew could watch them in  the matrix like a TV)

    "Well, you could too, if we can finish your training." May told her.

   "But all the intro files are so boring!" Daisy complained.

    May smiled at them, and Phil readjusted his tattered shirt. 

    "Hungry?" Jemma said, her somehow always bright and bubbly smile lighting up their dark world. He handed Phil and Melinda two bowls of the soupy porrige that they ate everyday, and May nodded, scrunching her nose at the over-familiar smell.

    Lifting his spoon, Phil took a bite. Bland, as always.

    "I used to make the best foods." He told them. The crew was gathered around, lounging on the floor and the equipment. "Thirty years ago, When I was still plugged I to the matrix, I would cook up all these pastas and breads and roasts." He told them.

    "And don't forget the cakes. His brownies were the best." May said, nudging her husband from the matrix. 

    "You used to swoon over my food." Coulson said.

    "It was mostly you."

    "Then you almost choked on the ring in the cake." 

    "I almost swallowed my engagement ring..."

    "And then we got married." Phil finished.

    "Don't forget when Morpheus can to our house. I refused to leave without you. I forced them to extend the invitation to Phil too." May told them.

    "And it was the craziest thing I'd ever been told." Phil added.

    "We stepped through the mirror together." May smiled.

    "And then we met up again in Zion." Phil sighed. He looked down at the simple wedding band on his finger. He saw Melinda's. A brass circle with a sparkly stone held on with tiny wires. It was simple, but to them, it meant each other.

    The crew was all smiling, and Daisy was still playing with the computer. "Guys... Sentinal warning... About five minutes till they find us." Daisy said.

    The crew burst into action. 

    Everyone ran around, shutting off all tech to charge up the EMP.

    "It'll take four minutes!" Fitz screamed. "What if I don't get to see a real monkey?!?" He squealed to Jemma.

    "We don't have four minutes!" Mack bellowed.

    At the same time, Jemma responded to Fitz. "Monkeys are the least of our worries! Anyway, everything on the surface died!" 

    "But there might be cave monkeys!" 

    "Im highly doubtful about that Fitz!"

    May scrambled around, yelling out the Sentinals position and the EMP power level.

    Phil stood beside her. 

    Mack wired up the computer.

    "Thirty seconds!" May yelled. "Fourtyfive till full charge!"

    The crew was all counting in their heads. Electricitysparked as the Sentinals began to pull apart their ship, and Elena screamed as a robot tentacle touched her back.

    More Sparks, and a large rummble came, and the EMP went off.

     The tentacle around Elena's waist went limp.

     There was silence as the zephyr shuddered, and groaned. Mack flipped the engine back on, and Phil stood in the middle, shielding Melinda.

   "Well, we didn't die." Jemma piped up.

   "We need to head back to Zion for repairs." Mack said.

   "I'll set the directions." Melinda squirmed out of Phil's protective and relieved hug. 

    "Zion?" Daisy said. She was quiet. After being unplugged at a young agae, her foster parents had thrown her out for some reason. But Phil had adopted her onto Zephyr, and she had proved herself to be a formidable hackavist.

    "You can stay with us." May smiled, and nodded.

    Phil put a hand on the girls shoulder. "You can come home with Mel and I."

     "Thanks." Daisy grinned.

     "No matter what comes, we'll survive this." May told the crew.

     "No matter what." He agreed.