Mute #1

Idea credit goes to KatTheDanosaur , definitely check out her Ethan imagines, they're wonderful <3

~ Ethan's POV ~

"So, she cant talk?" I ask Mark curiously, in regard to the girl he's invited to hang out with us at his place today.
Mark nods "Amy said she used to talk a lot, but then something happened to her and she hasnt said a single word since. The fact she's even coming over today is a miracle in itself, she hasnt left her house in months."
I frown, concern for the girl Im yet to meet already filling my thoughts. According to Mark, Amy and (Y/N) were really good friends throughout high school, such good friends that they stayed close even after high school ended.
I glance at the door as a soft knock is heard against it, coming from the other side.
Mark's eyes lock on the door, and without looking back at me, he says "Go wait in there, we've gotta take things slow with her, you're a new person and we dont know how she'll act around you."
I nod, but cant help feeling slightly worried. Is there a chance that she'll freak out, because of me? Maybe I shouldnt be here. Mark glances at me for a moment, and I can see that he knows Im considering leaving, so he places a hand on my shoulder and gently pushes me back into the room, assuring me that I should stay without any need for words.
Amy jumps up from the couch at the sight of me "Is she here?"
I nod "I think so."
In an instant, Amy rushes past me, heading for the door, leaving me standing in the living room by myself. So that I dont look as awkward, I take a seat on the couch, and pull out my phone. Hopefully, this will make (Y/N) feel a little less uncomfortable, maybe?
"Ok (Y/N), though his hair may be right and his voice rather loud, this is the wonderful Eh-than, who is in actual fact as sweet as a butterscotch pie!" Mark introduces me as he strolls back into the living room.
I laugh slightly, and look up from my phone, my eyes widening at the sight of a girl stood next to Amy, nervously holding Amy's hand. We lock eyes for just a moment before she looks away, clearly embarrassed. I blink rapidly, unable to believe that Im really seeing her. She's absolutely beautiful.

~ Your POV ~

Heavy. Everything is so heavy. You struggle to lift yourself out of bed, your eyes already straining at the brightness of your room around you. Usually, you dont have any reason to get out of bed, so you can lie in bed for hours, completely exhausted and feeling too heavy to move, but not today. Amy and her boyfriend Mark have invited you over to hang out with them, and their friend Ethan. You surprised yourself when you agreed to hang out with them, but it was like you had no control over your answer. Obviously, you didnt answer verbally, instead you actually replied to one of Amy's texts, which is something you rarely do. You read all of them, but you rarely ever reply, because the idea of a conversation starting and the inevitable question of "are you ok" being asked is something that fills you with dread.

The shower was warm, but it was a strange sensation, as it is everyday. Your general lack of emotion means you're incapable of getting a "warm" feeling from things, so being exposed to a warm shower is something that feels alien to you. Showering is part of your routine, which is the only reason you actually remember to do it. Every morning you wake up, shower, try to stomach a small amount of food, and then go back to bed. Most of the time, you forget to eat altogether, or you know on that day you wont be able to eat anything. Today is one of those days. Your anxiety is already setting in at the idea of meeting someone new. Maybe you should cancel? Tell Amy you cant make it because something else came up? You shake your head. There's no way you can do that, that would mean you'd have to text her more and she would question you, plus, she knows you dont do anything, so "something has come up" will not be a good enough excuse. You glance up at the clock, and grab your car keys, leaving your house without eating a thing.