Hell Of A Girl

~ Ethan's POV ~

I sigh into the phone "Mark, Im really not sure about this."
Mark laughs "Trust me, as soon as you see her, you will be. First time I met her, I just got this feeling that you and her would be great together. I mean, even if I wasnt right about that, I know you'll get a great new friend."
I roll my eyes "I cant believe I agreed to this." My eyes glance down the street as I casually lean against a lamppost, and I catch sight of a girl walking towards the restaurant Im standing in front of. I cant help but smile slightly at the sight of her, she's gorgeous. If I wasnt going on a date tonight, I'd go and ask for her number.
"Hello? Ethan? Are you even listening?" Mark asks me through the phone, pulling me out of my thoughts.
My lips part to answer him, but at that exact moment, the gorgeous girl trips over her own foot and falls on the sidewalk.
With wide eyes, I blurt out "Shit, gotta go!" to Mark, end the call, and run over to her.
As soon as I reach her, I bend down to help her up, to find that she's bright red in the face from embarrassment.
I smile at her warmly "Dont worry, at this time of night there are very few people around, and anyone who is, is usually taking a business call. That's the beauty of LA!"
She laughs slightly as she looks up at me "Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. What's your name?"
My smile widens upon seeing her own smile "Im Ethan, what's your name?"
She gasps "Wait, hold on, are you Mark's friend?"
My jaw drops "No way! You're (Y/N)!?!"
She nods, and covers her face with her hands "Oh god, the first time you ever saw me, I fell flat on my face."
I chuckle "Actually, I saw you before that. I was gonna ask for your number, but as I was going on a date tonight, I didnt think that'd be very gentlemanly of me."
(Y/N) peaks through the gaps between her fingers "You were gonna ask for my number, and you didnt even know it was me?"
I shake my head, still in disbelief "I had no idea! Mark deliberately didnt tell me anything about what you look like, I guess so that I could see for myself, and Im actually glad I did. You look absolutely stunning."
She grins "Even with the puddle stain on the bottom of my dress from when I fell over?"
I wink at her "Personally, I've always had a thing for puddle stains."
(Y/N) bursts out laughing and I frown at myself, only realising what exactly I said after I said it "You're so fucking weird, I love it! Shall we go inside?" She gestures to the restaurant.
I nod and laugh with her, holding my arm out for her to loop hers through "We shall!"

The rest of the night we spend getting to know each other, laughing at the most stupid shit imaginable, and smiling endlessly, while eating delicious food. Mark really did know what he was talking about for once, holy shit.

As I stand outside the restaurant, watching (Y/N) walk toward her car, I take my phone out and dial Mark's number.
He picks up almost immediately, and asks "So, how did it go?"
(Y/B) drives past me, waving at me with a bright smile on her face, and I return the wave with my free hand, reflecting her smile back at her, before answering Mark.

"You were right, she's one hell of a girl."