The One

~ Your POV ~

Blinking rapidly, you try to re-focus your attention on the tv, but no matter how hard you try, you cant stop yourself from zoning out. You curl further into your best friend's couch, wrapping your up tighter in the blanket you brought with you. In doing so, your hoodie comes up past your mouth, and when you breathe in, your eyes feel with tears. You didnt even realise that you're wearing Ethan's hoodie. In a frantic rush of movements, you pull the hoodie down your neck and tuck the blanket up around your head, to avoid being swarmed by his scent all over again.

Your body jolts in surprise as your best friend Georgia unlocks her front door and practically falls into her apartment. When she sees you still curled up on her house, which is where you've been for the past four days, she gives you a sympathetic smile. You reply with a weak smile, before your gaze travels back to the tv, despite being unable to focus on it. Georgia strolls past you to the kitchen, but on her way past, she leans over the back of the couch and kisses the top of your head in a comforting way. The familiar sound of her rummaging through her kitchen cupboards reassures you to an extent, but also brings you a strong feeling of discomfort, because this is not your home.
"He came to my office today, y'know." Georgia tells you casually from the kitchen, and you immediately know who she's talking about.
You dont reply.
"He was in a right state, similar to the one you're in. He said he wont show up here because he doesnt want to force you to talk to him, he wants you to WANT to talk to him, which I know you do, even if you dont want to admit it." She continues "You know as well as I do that you're just going through a rough patch, practically all couple's do, and you will get through it, you know that, you're just too scared of losing him, so you've pushed him away in an effort to protect him." Georgia sighs, and leaves the kitchen to stand in front of you as you stay huddled up on the couch "But look what being away from him has done to you! Christ, you havent even been away from him a week and you're wasting away without him, you barely eat, talk, and I hear you sobbing every single night because you miss him! I've come downstairs every night and comforted you, not even you can deny that you're a mess right now. Please, (Y/N), you're tearing yourself apart. You need him, and he needs you."
You stare up at her, your vision blurring with your tears as you speak in a croaky voice "What am I supposed to do?"
Georgia crouches down so that she's eye level with you "Talk to him, face to face. Go home, and talk to him."
You sniffle and avoid eye contact "Ok.."
Georgia gasps "Seriously!?! You're gonna go see him!?! Oh fuck yeah! Well, we'd better get you cleaned up, he isnt dating the ogre you've turned into after all." Your best friend winks at you teasingly.
You smile slightly at her "You're an asshole."
She slaps her cheeks against her face in shock "Is that almost a SMILE!?! I actually cant believe this, as soon as you know you're going to see him you start showing signs of happiness!"
You roll your eyes at her "Whatever, c'mon, Im gonna need help getting ready."
Georgia snaps her fingers sassily "Well, as you know, fashion is my calling."
You scoff "Sure."

It takes just over an hour for you to shower, get dressed, and have Georgia brush through your slightly matted hair. You stare at your reflection in the mirror with Georgia standing behind you, and for the first time since you showed up at her house, you recognise your reflection.
"He's gonna be begging on his knees when he sees you, you look stunning!" Georgia encourages.
You shrug "I guess."
Georgia takes your hand in hers and gives it a reassuring squeeze "Do you want me to drive you or do you wanna go alone."
You turn to smile at her weakly "I think this is something Im gonna have to do alone."
She nods "Understandable. Alright, go get 'em tiger!" Georgia winks and pushes you gently towards her front door.
You quickly pull her into a hug "Thank you for everything, I couldnt ask for a better best friend."
Georgia laughs slightly and hugs you back "You dont need to thank me, seriously, you know I'd do anything for you. Anyway, save the soppy shit for Ethan!"
You pull away from her and head for her door, as you walk away from her she smacks your ass, causing you both to laugh.