Cinema Date

~ Your POV ~

Smiling widely, you practically skip alongside Ethan towards the cinema, already giddy with excitement.
Ethan chuckles "You really like this franchise then huh?"
You nod frantically "It's my favourite horror franchise for sure! All the movies so far have been incredibly well-made, the acting is superb, and every aspect of the cinematography is absolutely flawless."
Ethan nods with you "I mean, from watching all of them with you yesterday, I understand why the series is so hyped up, especially for this new one."
You cant help but squeal "I know! And I heard they're going to be making a movie on The Crooked Man too, because he made an appearance in one of the previous Conjuring films. I can remember watching Pewdiepie PLAY The Crooked Man video game years ago, it was a little indie horror game, and I loved it! I wonder if any elements of the stories in the game and the movie will be similar?"
Ethan shrugs as you approach the ticket counter "I have no idea, but I can already tell you're going to make us rewatch Pewdiepie's whole series on The Crooked Man."
You smile at him "Of course."
The tickets are handed to the pair of you, and you begin walking towards the correct screen room. Once you reach the door, Ethan holds it open for you, and you thank him, before taking ahold of his hand and intertwining your fingers as you try to find your seats.

Considering how many times you've watched all four movies in The Conjuring series, those films dont exactly scare you anymore. Sure, the jumpscares still catch you out on occasion, but the movies fascinate you more to the point of excitement, rather than fear, and that is purely because you've rewatched them so frequently. The Nun, however, is something you have never seen before, and you're ashamed to say that you actually havent seen any of the previous Conjuring movies in cinema, so this is an entirely new experience. When Ethan bought the tickets and surprised you with them for your fourth date, you couldnt contain your excitement, and your reaction was one that even shocked Ethan a small bit. Unsurprisingly though, The Nun is scary from the very beginning, and you find yourself gripping Ethan's hand tightly, while repeatedly leaning into him to partially hide yourself, covering one of your ears with Ethan's sweater and using your free hand to plug your other ear, in an effort to save you from jumpscares. Ethan definitely isnt complaining about your fearful actions, and makes sure to kiss your head and squeeze your hand every so often, in order to reassure you. He knows from your previous cinema dates that wrapping an arm around you is a bad idea, you rarely sit still in a cinema, you lean forward and throw yourself backwards quite often, because you get heavily invested in the whole cinema experience. It's a little weird thing about you that you explained to Ethan, and he finds it absolutely adorable, but not quite as adorable as you going to him for protection during this terrifying movie. Another jumpscare jolts your entire body, sending your face into Ethan's shoulder, in an attempt to shield you from that sudden shock, and you can perfectly imagine the smile on Ethan's face as he places another kiss on the top of your head. I mean, if you're going to get freaked out by a horror movie in a cinema, why not do so on a date with the sweetest guy you've ever known?

"Oh my god, that was INSANE!" You blurt out the second you and Ethan step out of the cinema doors.
Ethan nods in agreement with you "Definitely! Some of those jumpscares really got me!"
You laugh nervously "Yeah...same."
Ethan bursts out laughing "Im surprised you even saw any of the movie with how much you were hiding! It was the cutest thing ever though, seriously."
You blush and cover your face with your hands "I've been exposed as the biggest pussy in existence, how am I supposed to redeem myself!?!"
Ethan wraps an arm around you and pulls you closer to him "You dont need to redeem yourself, Im a pussy too, I just put on a brave face for our date."
You lower your hands from your face and raise en eyebrow at him "There's no way in hell you're a pussy! On our last date, when that guy started flirting with me because you'd gone to the bathroom, you came back and confronted him about making me uncomfortable, you werent scared at all, and a pussy WOULD have been scared! That guy was at least 6'3, and nothing but pure muscle, and the way you spoke to him was like that didnt bother or scare you at all! You're not a pussy, Ethan."
Ethan smiles down at you "Ok, let me rephrase that: Im a total pussy in every area of life, except when it comes to you."
His words form an invisible arrow that pierce you straight through the heart, causing you to stop walking, and take ahold of one of his hands as you turn to face him. Grinning up at him with rosy cheeks, your free hand lifts to gently caress his cheek, and Ethan's other hand meets yours there, holding your hand against his face as he stares down at you with a gaze focussed on the sole feeling of adoration. Standing up on your tiptoes, you close your eyes, and Ethan does the same as the two of you lean in. When your lips meet his, the butterflies in your stomach halt their movements suddenly, before each one simultaneously transforms into an explosion of invisible, beautiful fireworks. In that moment, your mind goes blank, you see a blinding vision of white light, as though entering the gates of a heaven that you werent even sure existed. The white lasts maybe only half a second, before it's swarmed with thoughts of Ethan, flying around your field of vision at a speed you cant process, but each one slowing down when it's directly in front of you, for just a few precious seconds allowing you to focus and remember the best times of your life thus far. You realise that right now, the feeling you're experiencing is the exact same one you felt on your first date with Ethan. Usually, after a first date with someone, you've been left in a state of uncertainty, never completely sure as to whether that person was right for you, whether whatever you had would work out. But from your very first date with Ethan, when he walked you home and kissed your cheek, he left a permanent mark that no eye could see, and you stood on your doorstep for a minute or two after he left, your fingertips grazing over the place where his lips had previously been, it was then, that you came to a perfect resolution between the inner guardians of your heart and mind.

Ethan is the one, and you have never been more sure of anything in your entire life.