Dinner For Two?

~ Your POV ~

Smiling to yourself, and shaking your hips slightly in time with the music blasting from your phone, you stroll over to the kitchen sink to drain the pan of water, leaving nothing but the cooked pasta as the water swirls down the sink. Taking a quick glance up, you see a shadowy figure standing a few feet away from the front of your house, standing to the side of a tree, making the mistake of thinking he's hidden. As per usual, the figure doesnt unsettle you, or cause you any discomfort, in fact, it causes almost the complete opposite affect. Whenever that figure has been around, you've been safe from harm, quite literally. There have been occasions where someone has tried to follow you home, but as soon as you catch sight of that figure somewhere in the distance, it isnt long before whoever it is stops following you.

Making a snap decision, and taking into consideration the sheer mass of pasta you have cooked unintentionally, you start preparing two bowls of tomato pasta. Quickly pouring two glasses of water, you place those onto a tray, along with the two bowls of pasta with the necessary cutlery, and then you casually exit your kitchen. You hold the tray against the wall with your stomach while you unlock your front door, before stepping out onto the porch. Taking a seat on the porch steps, you smile over at the tree that you know the figure is hiding behind.
"I know you're over there, I saw you from my window. You dont have to hide, it's alright, I've known about you for a long time." You keep the tone of your voice soft, gentle, but not out of fear.
From behind the tree, a hushed voice responds to you, a voice that you've never heard before.
"Why arent you afraid of me?"
You shrug "There have been countless times when you could have hurt me if you wanted to, I live alone and have done for a couple of years now, and with how silent you are, you could have quite easily broken in. People who have freaked me out before by following me, they've all stopped following me as soon as I've caught sight of you, when you could have just let them do whatever. I dont know exactly what your intensions are, but Im certain that they arent to cause me any harm. And for that reason, Im not scared of you."
There is silence for a moment, as the figure debates what to say, before he speaks up again.
"How long have you known about my...attachment, to you?"
You think over it, and then nod to yourself "Since I moved here, Im pretty sure. You could have been following me long before then and I just didnt know, but the first time I saw you was the night I moved here. Weirdly, even then, I wasnt afraid of you, not really. I was more confused, to be honest." You shake your head "Hold on, I havent even asked your name! Im so sorry, that's really impolite of me. I guess I just got caught up in the fact Im finally talking to you, what's your name?"
The shadowed figure clears his throat, and steps out from behind the tree, just slightly, but he's not stood under enough light for you to see his face.
"U-Uh...you can call me Blank."
You raise an eyebrow "If your parents called you that, that's kinda cruel, but if you chose that name for yourself, that's eerily badass."
From the tone of his voice, you can sense that he's smiling a little "You really think so?"
You nod "Definitely! Well, Blank, I've made enough pasta for a sorority house, and I figured for once I didnt want to be a fat ass and eat it all myself, so, care to join me? I already made you a bowl, but if you're not hungry or already ate, I dont mind eating both."
Blank seems to be taken aback "Y-You...made me dinner?"
You grin "Yup! I figured you must get hungry, and since you spend a lot of time watching over me, I thought it'd be a nice thing to do. We can discuss your reasons for being here while eating pasta, because that sounds like a cool idea for a friend date."
Blank's tone is unsure "A...friend date?"
You nod "Yeah, I'd say we're past acquaintances now, considering you've spent more time around me than most of my friends have, and you've never done anything to give me a reason not to like you. You're not a peeping tom, you're not a creepy stalker, you just kind of...stand there, most of the time not even looking at me or my house."
Blank takes a step back "I cant risk looking directly at you if there's a chance that you could see me, you'll think Im a monster."
You raise an eyebrow "Unless you can predict the future, you have no way of knowing that, and I'd like to find out the truth for myself."
The mysterious man sighs "Alright, if you're sure..."
And with that, he very nervously steps out of the shadows. Once the light from your windows hits him, you're stunned into silence. He's not what you expected him to look like, but then, you never really envisioned him in your mind, he was just like a shadow. However, standing a few feet away from you, is a young man who looks to be about average height, dressed in all black, with fluffy brown hair. His eyes are cast down, the hood of his jacket shielding the top of his face from you, but it's visible from his posture alone that he is terrified.
Very carefully, you stand to your feet, and make your way down the steps. Blank hesitantly jumps back from you, keeping his gaze locked on the grass surrounding his shoes, but you hold out a hand.
"It's alright, just calm down, we're fine, you're ok." You reassure him as you approach him at an almost dramatically slow pace.
Blank freezes in his place, with his hands in his jacket pockets and his hood still hiding most of his face.
"Talk to me, what's on your mind?" You ask him quietly, now standing directly in front of him.
"You wont believe me if I tell you why Im here." Blank tells you, his voice a broken whisper.
You cross your arms over your chest "Try me."
The timid man shuffles awkwardly from foot to foot "It would be easier to...show you."
Raising an eyebrow, you nod, encouraging him to continue "Show me, then."
Blank takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, then lifts his head, his hood no longer hiding half of his face. His eyes open, staring directly into yours, and your breath catches in your throat as you stare back into the seemingly endless black orbs. As he stares at you, you notice the black beginning to swirl, transforming into a lighter colour, until they stop swirling and you find yourself falling into two beautiful pools of hazel.
"Woah." You gasp.
Blank looks away from you, seeming ashamed "When you moved here, I'd not long turned into this...thing, whatever it is that I am. I was completely void of all emotion, everything was cold, dead, and I was so, so alone. As soon as you moved here, I felt this pull, and I followed it, because it was the first thing I'd felt in so long. When I reached your house, this...warm feeling, took over me. It scared me so much that I ran home, and when I got there, I saw the change in my eyes, and I knew that you were the cure for me. However long you'd be that, I didnt know, but I knew that I needed to be around you as much as I could, in order to feel anything at all."
Your heart aches at his words "Blank.."
He sniffles and shakes his head, his next words coming out in a whimper "You make me feel. That's...That's what you do."
Without sparing a second through, you lean forward and wrap your arms around his neck, pulling him into you. Immediately, his arms lock around you tightly, and he starts crying into your hair.
"No! Dont do this! Please! You shouldnt be doing this!" Blank sobs into your shoulder.
You rub circles into his back to calm him down "Im doing this because I want to, I want to help you. It's not out of sympathy, or pity, it's because I can understand, to an extent, how you're feeling. Though I cant imagine the pain you've gone through in the transformation you've had, and the conflicts with your own morals about following a stranger around, because I know you arent a bad person and that following me isnt something you'd do if you had a choice, I can understand the attachment you have to me. But, why didnt you ever just knock at my door? Why did you always stand outside, not ever seeming to rest?"
Blank sniffles and buries his face into your hair "I was guarding you. That's why those people never followed you all the way home, I stopped them, because I need to keep you safe. You're everything to me, fucking everything, and the thought of someone or something ever hurting you...I cant even think about it."
You nod, finally understanding this whole situation completely "Well, now that I've seen you and accepted you for who you are and your reasons for being here, you dont ever have to sit outside my house again."
He pulls away from you slightly to read your expression "Why?"
You smile at him "Because you can hang out with me inside my house instead!"
The tears forming in Blank's eyes tug at your heartstrings "Y-You...You want to be around me?"
You shrug "Why wouldnt I? You're literally the sweetest guy I've ever met, and you're cute. If you think Im about to pass up the opportunity to hang out with you after finding out both of those facts, evidently your stalking has not taught you a single thing about me!"
Blank chuckles, and the smile that appears on his face fills you with joy "Thank you, I really cant tell you what this means to me."
You let go of him "No need to thank me, I was considering letting you just move in, but that's a little fast, and it could overwhelm you completely, so we'll start with hanging out and go from there."
Blank's smile spreads into a grin "I'd like that."
You mirror his smile back at him and take ahold of his hand, intertwining his fingers with yours as you lead him up the steps of the porch.
"What are you doing?" Blank asks nervously.
You look over your shoulder to flash him a smile and squeeze his hand "Im taking you inside to reheat the pasta we've left to go cold, because we've still got that date, remember."
Blank chuckles "What happened to the 'friend' aspect of that date?"
And in response, you just shrug.

"Just this once, I think we can skip the friendzone."