Misunderstanding

~ Ethan's POV ~

As I wave goodbye and smile at the viewer I just met who's walking away from my meet and greet booth, I have to do a double take as I spot a flash of bright blue hair. At a more focussed glance, I see a girl heading over to my booth, smiling brightly as her eyes scan my logo on the booth sign. The sight of her smile makes me catch my breath, but as she walks to the back of the line, a man approaches her and pulls her into a hug, which she gladly returns. My heart sinks, is that her boyfriend? I can only watch with sad eyes as he grabs her hand and stands with her in the line of people waiting to get to my booth. Shaking my head, I take my mind off of the girl I was enthralled by for no more than a few seconds by turning my attention to the next person in line. Despite smiling brightly and being genuinely happy to meet everyone, I cant shake the thought of that blue haired girl out of my mind.

Every so often, my eyes glance down the line to see how much further away the blue haired girl is, and every single time I see her hand still held by some other guy, my heart breaks just a little. I dont understand why this is affecting me so much, I dont even know this girl! My eyes dart towards the line again, and I see they're actually not far from the front. This time, my gaze lingers on her, because I can notice how anxious she seems to be getting as she looks around. Her boyfriend pulls her into another hug, which seems to calm her down, and then he keeps a careful eye on her to make sure she's alright. At least she's got someone who seems to care about her. From this distance, I can make out more features about them, the guy specifically looks familiar to me. His hair is longer and ginger at the top, shorter and brown at the sides, and he's wearing a light pink hoodie with "INTERNET SENSATION" printed on it. I really cant put my finger on where I remember seeing him before.

My heart almost bursts when I wave goodbye to the person I just met, and turn back to the front of the line to see the blue haired girl let go of her boyfriend's hand and run towards me with a bright smile on her face. I chuckle and wrap my arms around her, and her boyfriend shakes his head and laughs at her.
"She's a huge fan, to say the least!" He tells me, and I immediately pick up on his British accent, which only makes him more familiar to me, but I still cant remember where I've seen him before.
I smile politely at him, though my attention is completely focussed on the gorgeous girl Im currently holding in my arms "That's real sweet!" I look down at her "Hey, what's your name?"
She pulls away from me slightly, just enough for me to see her face, and when my eyes meet hers, I feel goosebumps erupt all over my body.
"(Y/N)." The beautiful girl tells me, with the same British accent as her boyfriend, they must be from the same place in England.
I grin at her "Well, hi (Y/N)!"
Tears fill her eyes, and she buries her face in my shirt in the most adorable way.
"Hey, dont cry, it's alright, Im here, I've got you." I speak as softly as I can, close to her ear so that she can hear me over the noise of the other people at the contention.
I tear my gaze from her, but continue to rub her back as I look at her boyfriend "What's your name dude?"
He smiles at me "Im Alex."
I nod and smile back at him "Cool, hey Alex, Im Ethan!"
Alex laughs "Yeah, dont worry, thanks to (Y/N) I know exactly who you are. She persuaded me to come here 'cause she was so desperate to meet you, and I cant say no to her, so here I am!"
I laugh with him "It's really sweet that you're here for her though, not many guys would do that."
(Y/N) pulls away from me and my eyes are immediately fixed on her again as she rubs her eyes, which is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
"I drag Alex to any place with a lot of people, but this one meant a lot to me so he didnt even argue with me this time, he usually argues and then I threaten to chat shit about Star Wars and he gives in. I do feel bad for dragging him around sometimes, but then I remember that he's my brother and I'd do the same for him, and the feeling of guilt completely disappears!" She giggles.
My eyes widen "Alex is your brother?"
Both Alex and (Y/N) give me a confused expression.
Alex speaks up cautiously "What did you think I was to her?"
I shrug "I mean, I saw you hugging and holding hands, and I thought..."
Suddenly, Alex and (Y/N) pull the exact same disgusted expression at me, then they look at each other and burst out laughing. I can totally see the resemblance now.
Alex is laughing so hard he has to wipe his eyes "Mate, no, I come with her to busy places 'cause she gets really anxious around lots of people, that's why I was hugging her and holding her hand, I've had to do that for her since we were kids, anytime things got too much for her, she just needs to know somebody is there with her to keep her safe and then she can calm down. Close siblings init."
His British slang is something Im living for, but I choose not to mention it.
My eyes widen as I realise something "Hold on, do you have a youtube channel Alex?"
He nods, his eyes as wide as mine "Yeah, ImAllexx, have you actually seen my stuff?"

I facepalm "OF COURSE! I've been trying to figure out where I've seen you before, I recognised the hoodie, the accent, and obviously the poorly dyed ginger hair."
Alex holds his hands up by his head in mock surrender "Alright, hittin' me where it hurts!"
(Y/N) laughs and shakes his head at him "What a complete nonce." She looks back up at me and smiles.
"How come I've never seen you in a video with Alex before?" I ask her curiously.
She shrugs "Im pretty shy, I've only been in the occasional vlog for a second or two in the background. If I actually featured in a substantial amount of Alex's videos, I'd steal his audience." She winks at me.
Alex sighs "The truth hurts."
I laugh slightly "You're both really cool, I think you could both have successful channels honestly."
(Y/N) grins at me, her cheeks a rosy pink from that compliment "Thanks! Maybe I will give it a go."
Alex places a hand on her shoulder with wide eyes and turns her to face him "Who are you and what have you done with my sister!?! (Y/N) would NEVER even THINK about starting her own channel!" He smirks teasingly "Or was the encouragement from her biggest crush of all time the only words she needed to hear to inspire her to start making videos of her own? Im gonna go before you beat me up, I'll meet you back at the car!" And with that, Alex sprints away from us.
With her back still facing me, (Y/N) shakes her head "Im going to fucking kill him."
I cant help but smile at her as she slowly turns to look at me, her expression one mixed with extreme embarrassment and nervousness.
"Your biggest crush of all time huh?" I tease playfully.
(Y/N) covers her face with her hands "Oh my god, stop!"
I laugh at her and pull her into another hug "Dont worry about it, I think it's cute! Listen, Im sorry, but I've really gotta move onto the other people waiting in line now. It's been amazing meeting you!"
She wraps her arms around me and nods into my sweater "Yeah, it has."
I pull away from her gently "Do you have twitter?"
She nods and raises an eyebrow "Of course, I have no life outside of the internet, why?"
I chuckle "Do you wanna take a picture? That way you can post it, tag me in it, and I'll have a way of finding you after this."
She gasps "OH MY GOD! HELL YEAH!"
We take a picture together, then share a brief goodbye, and she starts walking away.
"Hey, Ethan?" She calls as she looks over her shoulder at me.
"Yeah?" I reply.
"Why me, of all people?" She questions curiously.
In response, I smile at her, and decide to give her a more humorous answer, rather than a cheesy one.
"Definitely the blue hair!" I call back to her, and she continues to walk away from me with a bright smile on her face.