I Need A Hug

~ Your POV ~

Slamming your front door behind you, you let your back slide down your door until you land on the hard wooden floor of your hallway. Hot tears stream from your eyes and you're quick to pull your phone out of your back pocket with shaking hands, knowing that only one thing can fix this.

You: are you awake?

Your eyes glance up to the top of your screen to check the time. 3am, there's a small chance that he'll- your phone beeps in your hands, making you jump.

Ethan: yeah, what's up? Are you ok?

His immediate concern for you just brings even more tears to your eyes, which then quickly cascade down your cheeks. From your best friend, such concern shouldnt surprise you, but right now, anything remotely kind is throwing you off completely.

You: I dont know how else I can say this

Ethan: what?

You bite your lip anxiously, your nails tapping the side of your phone as you debate whether to even tell him. What will his response be? Will he be weirded out? You decide that it's worth the risk, you're too far gone to overthink it anymore.

You: I need a hug

There it is, plain and simple, black text on a screen. For a moment, after the little 'read' simple appears under your message, there is nothing, and you can sense that Ethan is probably shocked by your message, but then the three little dots appear in the corner, and you release a sigh of relief. At least he isnt just going to leave you on read.

Ethan: I'll be there in 5 minutes

You cant believe your eyes, you have to read over his message multiple times before it sinks in, and for a few seconds you're completely consumed by the joy of Ethan coming over just to hug you, but then reality sets in, and you remember why you need that from him right now. As gently as you can, you slip your phone back into your pocket. Your elbows rest on your knees, which are close to your chest, and your hands claw at your hair in frustration as your mind is swarmed with thoughts and flashbacks to the night you've just had.

A knock on the door snaps you out of your thoughts, and you struggle to pull yourself to your feet to then answer the door. Ethan stands there, looking beyond worried, and when he sees your tear stained face and messy hair, his expression turns to one of intense concern for you, as he opens his arms out to you. Unable to comprehend the view in front of you of Ethan standing on your doorstep waiting for you to hug him, your face begins to crumble, and you collapse into his arms. Silent sobs wrack through your body, and Ethan acts fast in response, lifting you up into his arms and carrying you back into your home, kicking your front door shut and locking it, before carrying you upstairs, into your room, and sitting down in your bed with you on his lap. You hide your face in his neck, your tears having already created several dark, wet patches on his shirt. Ethan rubs your back comfortingly with one hand, while the other gently plays with your hair and smooths it down, which is a dramatic contrast to how you were clawing at your hair earlier.
"What's up doll?" Ethan asks you quietly, using the petname he gives you that always puts a smile on your face.
Even in your situation, you cant hold back a weak smile at his attempt to cheer you up a little, but your chin begins to wobble again, and you part your lips to speak the words you've been dreading hearing yourself say.
"H-He cheated o-on me." You blubber, before bursting into tears all over again.
Ethan's arms tighten around you, and he almost growls as he holds you "That fucker! I always knew you deserved better than him, but I didnt think even HE would stoop that low, what the fuck! I cant believe he's hurt you like this."
You sniffle into Ethan's neck "He was a dick to you before, I should've broken up with him then and saved myself from a-all this trouble."
Your best friend kisses the top of your head "Shh, you werent to know this was gonna happen, it's alright. You deserve so much more than him, he's a douchebag, and he just lost the best thing that ever happened to him."
You sigh "Im just mad at myself for not being able to see what he was this entire time."
Ethan rubs your arm supportively "Dont beat yourself up about it, just be glad that you're out of that situation now. I can promise you, he's never getting near you again. After hurting you like this, I'll be damned if I let him within 20 feet of you."
You cant help but smile at his protectiveness of you "Easy tiger." You tease.
Ethan laughs slightly "There's the (Y/N) I know and love!" He goes back to the topic at hand "Do you want me to stay with you for a couple days? I dont mind taking time off from youtube if it means you'll feel better."
You shake your head frantically "No, god no! Dont even think about taking time off work for me, I'd never forgive you if you did that!"
Ethan rolls his eyes playfully at your stubbornness "Alright, but at least let me stay the night so that Im here if you need anything, and I can have a word with that asshole if he dares to show up at your door."
You giggle quietly and nod into his neck "Yeah, you can stay the night, that's fine."
Ethan sighs with relief and stands up, then gently lays you back down on your bed, under the covers.
"I'll take the couch, you should try to get some sleep, just shout if you need anything, ok?" Ethan leans down to kiss your forehead, then makes his way over to your bedroom door.
You offer him a kind smile and a nod, and with that, he leaves your room, gently closing the door behind him. However, he only reaches the top of the stairs before-
"Ethan!"
In an instant, he bolts back into your room, to see you sitting up in bed with fresh tears falling down your delicate cheeks. Your lips part, and the words that leave them make Ethan's heart ache.

"I think I need another hug."