Ch 6. Are They Kissing?

Jisoo was driving to Jennie's house as the younger girl sat in the back seat. She was wearing sunglasses so that Jennie wouldn't see her looking back every few minutes.

Jennie was currently contemplating her fathers parting word to her as he left the hospital.

"I'm sorry Jennie." Jiyong says hugging her. "I just hope that girl keeps her promise."

"What promise?" Jennie whispers.

Jisoo looks back at her before looking back at the road, without acknowledging her question.

"What kind of promise did you make!?" Jennie shouts, leaning forward out of her seat.

"Aish, I'm not deaf." Jisoo scolds, removing her glasses. "And sit properly, that's dangerous!"

Jennie pouts and sits back in her seat and crossing her arms.

"Your father asked me to protect you, and I promised him that I would." Jisoo says.

"Oh, so it was nothing then." Jennie mumbles.

"Anyways, I did make a promise. So from now on, I'll protect you. I'll make sure that nobody will ever be able to touch you again."

"Nobody asked you to." Jennie grumbles.

"Yeah, you're right." Jisoo says. "Even if your father made such a request of me, you're a grown adult. If you don't want me to, I'll stop guarding you." She looks into the rear view to look at Jennie. "So if you don't want me to guard you, please let me know as soon as possible. Got that?"

Jisoo turned on the wipers as the rain started to pick up. "Hello?" She says when she doesn't get an answer.

"Okay." Jennie whispers.

Jisoo smiles a little and pulls into the driveway. It was down pouring now, and Jisoo sighed knowing she didn't have an umbrella.

"Wait here." She says to Jennie before running to her trunk and popping it open. There was a large blanket, so she pulled it out.

Jisoo made her way to Jennie's side of the car and opened the door, holding the blanket up to cover them from the rain.

Jennie got under and Jisoo drops an arm to pull her in closer, making Jennie draw in a quick breath at their proximity.

"Let's go." Jisoo whispers as they walk slowly, since they couldn't see much. "You have to be careful since it's hard to see what's in front of you."

Jennie hums in response.

"How is this? Is this okay?" Jisoo asks, since they were practically pressed against one another.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jennie whispers back.

Jisoo turns her face slightly towards Jennie's, "Are you scared?"

"Yeah," Jennie whispers as she turns her face to Jisoo's so that their faces are only inches apart. Jisoo swallows thickly as her eyes fall down to Jennie's lips.

Jennie's stomach growls, drawing her out of her thoughts. "Are you hungry though?" She whispers, seeing as Jennie is staring at her lips as well.

"Huh?" Jennie says. "Was that me?"

"Yes, it was." Jisoo says quietly.

Jennie looks away from her lips and they slowly start walking again. "Uh no. It's just because I'm still in shock."

Jisoo bites her lip nervously as she nods. "Okay. Want me to make you K-Kimchi fried rice for you again."

"A-aniy. I'm fine." Jennie stutters.