Ch 34. The Good life.

Jisoo sighs softly as she slowly opens her eyes. The sunlight filtering through their thin curtains as the sound of soft waves fill her ears.

There's a warmth radiating off the body in her arms and she looks down to be met with her favourite person.

Jennie is still fast asleep with her cheek pressed against Jisoo, her lips softly brushing against the skin of her neck.

Jisoo thinks she wouldn't mind waking up like this for the rest of her life. That was her plan anyway. Maybe with a tiny baby between them in the future.

Jisoo looked at the clock on their bedside table and saw that it was still pretty early in the morning.

She slipped out of bed in order to get ready for work, careful not to wake up her sleeping fiancé.

Jisoo kisses Jennie's cheek before heading to the bathroom to get ready.

•••

Jennie woke up to a cool breeze brushing against her body. Her brows furrowed and she cuddled deeper into the covers only to notice that the warmth she was looking for was no longer there.

She opened her eyes to see that Jisoo was no longer in bed with her.

Jennie frowned but it slowly changed into a smile when she noticed Jisoo was out on the balcony.

She got out of bed and made her way over. She wrapped her arms around Jisoo's waist with a smile and rested her head against her back.

"Good morning Mandukie." Jisoo smiles.

Jennie's nose scrunched at the nickname, but she was so happy that she let it slide.

Jisoo had a coffee in hand as she stared out to the horizon of the ocean. She really couldn't believe how amazing her life was making out to be.

She was 23 years old, engaged to the love of her life, living in her dream house, and a stable job she was happy with. It was almost surreal.

"What are you thinking about?" Jennie asks quietly.

"I'm thinking about how happy I am." Jisoo says. She turns around to face Jennie, setting her coffee down, before cupping both of her chubby cheeks. "I'm so happy because of you." She smiles.

Jisoo pinches her cheeks lightly making Jennie giggle before hugging her tightly.

"Aish I love you so much." Jisoo sighs while rubbing Jennie's back.

"I love you too." Jennie smiles.

Jisoo gives her a quick kiss making her smile widen, so she does it again...and again, and again, and again—

"Jisoo that tickles," Jennie giggles while hiding her face.

Jisoo chuckles and places a final kiss on her cheek. "I have to go to work soon." She says while checking her watch. "First day at these office headquarters."

"You'll Do Great. I know it." Jennie smiles. "You're like the CEO now right?"

"Well I wouldn't call me that just yet," Jisoo chuckles. "Appa might get upset that he's been replaced."

"How about, super hot boss lady then?" Jennie suggests making Jisoo laugh.

"Sure Jendeukie, Whatever you want," Jisoo chuckles while going back into the bedroom.

Jennie follows behind her, still dressed in only a white oversized t-shirt.

"Will you be back for dinner?" Jennie asks.