Trust Me

*trigger warning. Eating disorder, depression. And self-harm May Occur in this chapter.*
Regina looked at Emma through weak eyes. Emma knelt beside her. "Regina what's wrong? Don't fight me. I'm taking you to the hospital."
Regina tried to protest with what little strength she had left. Emma pulled the thin brunette into her arms and stood up. "Regina please don't protest. You know you have to go."
    Regina closed her eyes and rested her head on Emma's shoulder. She nodded knowing she had to go. 
    Emma walked down the stairs. Henry got up from the couch. "What's wrong?! Is she okay?! What happened?!" He said firing questions.
     "Henry I'm calling Mary Margaret to come stay with you. I need you to be calm okay?" She said to the boy.
    He looked at her with fearful eyes. "Is mom going to die?" He asked as his voice cracked.
     Regina heard and felt her heart break. She hated the fact that she had or him through this. She heard Emma say no and felt her carry her to the car. She helped Regina into the passenger seat. Regina leaned on the window feeling her energy drain. This had only happened one other time.
     She heard Emma outside of the car call Mary Margaret and a few moments later she got in and began to drive. "Regina why are you doing this?" Emma said finally.
     Regina looked at Emma. She didn't have the strength to answer. 
     Emma drove to the hospital and got her out. She carried her in and they sent her to get help right away.
     Emma paced back and forth a few hours later waiting for the doctor to tell her eyes wrong. She looked over and a nurse walked over. "Regina is at 92.3 pounds and is severely malnourished. We had to give her a feeding tube and we are giving her fluids now." The nurse said.
    Emma ran her fingers through her hair. "Can I see her?"
   The nurse nodded and led Emma to the room. She saw Regina in the bed and her heart broke. Regina was so thin and small in the bed surrounded by machines. Emma walked over and sat on the bed. "Regina?"
    Regina looked at Emma weakly. "You stayed." She said softly.
Emma looked at Regina and a tear slid down her cheek. "Why are you doing this? Regina please tell me."
Regina took a shaky breath. "... It was a coping mechanism for me when I was younger. It's not something you really ever out grow and I guess-" her voice broke. "I guess when all the stress hit the town I just couldn't control it anymore."
"I tried to help. Why didn't you let me help?" Emma asked standing.
Regina chokes back tears and bit her lip. "I didn't want you mixed in with it all. I thought I would hurt you by letting you on but now I see that I hurt you more by not letting you in. I'm sorry Emma."She said softly.
Emma sighed and ran her fingers through her curled blonde hair. "Regina will you let me help you now?"
Regina hesitated and looked at Emma. "I- I've never had help before. I don't want to see weak."
Emma took Regina's hand. "You're not weak. Regina do you accept this a problem?"
Regina looked down and nodded.
Emma lifted Regina's chin. "Regina hat makes you strong. Admitting you need help. Regina you've been through hell. That makes you strong."
    Regina looked at Emma. "I'm not strong." She said softly.
    Emma took Regina's hand into hers and squeezed it tightly. "You're have more strength than you know Regina. Why can't you just see it?"
      Regina looked at the feeding tube. "What did I do to myself?"
     Emma sat on the end of the bed. "Regina you'll get better. I'll help you."
      "I've never been this bad." she said softly. "I've never let myself get this bad."
Emma sighed. "It'll Be Okay Regina. I know it will. If you'll let me help you."
Regina looked at Emma. "Okay." She said almost inaudible. "I'll let you help me."
Emma squeezed Regina's hand. "Thank you."

Regina got out of the car and Emma walked beside her into the house. Regina shrugged her coat off of her thin frame and Emma walked over. "How do you feel?"
Regina shrugged and looked at Emma. She bit her lip and looked down. "I feel weak."
Emma looked at Regina. "Well you're not."
Regina looked back up. "Why are you helping me?"
Emma smiled slightly. "I like you Regina. You acted like a bitch when I first met you. That doesn't mean I don't like you though."
      Regina took a short breath. "I like you too Emma." She said softly. "And I trust you. I wouldn't have let you help me if I didn't trust you."
     Emma smiled. "Well I'm glad you trust me."
    Regina looked at Emma. "I am too."