I'm Fine

Regina walked to the door. "So let me get this straight. Your mother needs surgery. And you'll have to go out to London with her? And she can't leave London for at least a month after surgery?"    
     Emma nodded and grabbed her suitcase. "Correct."
Regina sighed. "And you'll come home as soon as possible?"
Emma nodded and walked over and kissed Regina's forehead. "As soon as I can. You'll be fine."
Regina smiled. "I know. Just- hurry."
Emma chuckled. "I will. I love you."
Regina kissed Emma. "I love you too. And who knows maybe when you come back I won't have to wear heels to kiss you." She said in a teasing tone.
Emma rolled her eyes. "Right. You'll always have to go on you tippy toes to kiss me."
Regina smiled. "You'll miss your flight."
Henry ran downstairs. "Wait! You have to say goodbye to me!"
     The dog followed close behind him.
  Emma kissed Henry. "I love you. And when I'm back that dog better have a name!"
   He laughed. "He will. I love you Momma."
   "I love you too kid." Emma said and grabbed her suitcase.
      Regina watched Emma leave. Henry grabbed Regina's hand. "Mom. Are you okay?"
    Regina took a breath. "I'm fine."
   He looked at her cautiously. "Okay... I'll be in the backyard with the dog. Okay?"
    Regina nodded. "Okay."

  Regina's phone rang. It was emma. She answered. "Hello?"
    "Hey. How are you doing?"
  "I'm fine. Henry just went to bed. I have to get some work done then I'm going to bed too."
    She heard Emma sigh. "Don't overwork yourself."
   "I won't. I just need some work done for the office. Don't worry about me Emma. I can handle myself just fine."
    "I know I just- I love you Regina." Emma said on the other side of the line.
    "I love you too Emma. You need sleep too. Go to bed. I'll talk to you in the morning. Okay?"
    "Okay. Goodnight Regina."
  "Goodnight Emma." Regina said softly and hung up. She set the phone down and closed her eyes. This would be harder than she thoI but it would be.

    Emma walked into her mothers hospital room.
Her mother smiled. "How was the phone call?"
    Emma shrugged. "She seemed off."
  Mary Margaret touched Emma's hand. "I'm sure she'll be fine. She's a grown women."
       Emma sighed. "I know. I worry about her is all. She is my wife."
Mary Margaret smiled. "I know. You'll never stop worrying about her. I know I never stop worrying about your father. And he doesn't either. That's why I asked him to stay home. Because he worries so much."
Emma chuckled. "He does worry a lot doesn't he?"
"He does. And you do too. You get it from him." Mary Margaret said.
Emma nodded and looked at the bed. The nurse walked in. "Are you ready Mary Margaret? I'm here to prep you for surgery."
Mary Margaret nodded. "I'm ready."

Regina looked at the scale on the ground. It temper her. She closed her eyes and slowly stepped on the scale.
115.5 Regina looked at the numbers. They mocked her. Her breath hitched and she stepped off. She couldn't do this. Regina pushed the scale back to its original place and walked out. She walked to the kitchen. Henry sat at the table. "Are you ready?"
Regina nodded. "I've been ready."
"Did you eat?"
Regina nodded. Her natural habit of lying to Henry slipping in. "Now let's go. I won't let you be lat to school."
He rolled his eyes and got up grabbing his book bag. "Okay okay! I'm going." He stopped and bet the dogs head. "Goodbye Lucky."
Regina raised her eyebrow. "Lucky?"
He nodded. "He lost his leg. And he lives with us instead of being out down. I'd say he's pretty lucky."
Regina smiled. "I'd say so too baby."
They walked out of the house and began his walk to school.
Regina dropped him off and walked to her office. She sat down and began to paper work. There was a knock at her door a short time later.
Regina moved another pile of paper aside. "Come in." She snapped. Not that she was mad to have someone there. She was frustrated with the paperwork and her life in general.
David walked in. "I brought you lunch. Emma asked me to."
Regina rolled her eyes. "Of course she did. Well thank you." She said.
"I can't stay but have a good day Regina." He said and set the bag on her desk.
She looked back at the paperwork. David touched her hand lightly. "You okay?"
She nodded and didn't look up. "I'm fine."
He nodded. "Okay. Have a good day Regina."
He walked out.
Regina looked at the bag and closed her eyes. She quickly pushed he bag into her trash can.
Her weight numbers pounding through her head.