Beautiful

Regina looked at the food on her plate. She sighed and took a bite.
Everyone was quiet and ate their food, what ever they chose, In silence.
     Lilac was the first to break the silence. She swallowed loudly. "You know they are never this quiet."
     Regina looked at them. Great. That makes me feel amazing. Regina thought to herself.
     Lilac looked at Regina. "George is quiet because he thinks you're pretty."
     "Shit up." George, the only boy in the group, snapped.
     Lilac grinned. "Am I lying?"
   George blushed and shook his head. "No but that doesn't mean you should say it out loud."
     Regina looked at the two. "I'm flattered but I'm most defiantly gay." She said plainly.
      "You're not ashamed of it?" A small voice piped in. A girl named Jocelyn said.
       Regina shook her head. "No. I love my wife. I have no need to be ashamed."
     The girl grinned softly. "Cool." She said softly. "I wish I was that confident. What are you here for anyway? You seem so happy."
    Regina looked back at her plate. "I-" she moved the plate aside. "I love my family bit that doesn't mean I'm happy with myself."
     Jocelyn sat up. "Oh! That's understandable. George introduce yourself. She hasn't formally met any of us. You start."
     George blushed and looked at the table. "My name is George Kay Lewis."
   Regina smiled warmly. "Hello George."
      The next girl looked up at Regina. She had to have been a mere 16 years of age. "My name is marigold Grace Leonardo."
     Regina nodded. "I love your first name."
   Lilac smiled. "You know me. I'm lilac Sophia."
   Regina nodded and took a sip of her water.
       Jocelyn looked at Regina with wide eyes. "I'm Jocelyn Marie Smith. That's all of us. What's your full name?"
     Regina looked at them. "I prefer to not say my middle name but I'm Regina Mills."
    George looked at her. "Mills? As in Mayor Mills?"
   Regina nodded. "That's me."
George stood up. "Wait so you're telling me that the mayor is in this place? Why? I mean you can have anything you desire. Are you just being ungrateful?"
Regina took a sharp breath. "I may be mayor but I am not rich, I can't get everything, and I'm still human. I had a horrid childhood and that followed me. You don't get to judge me." She snapped and stood up. "I may be ungrateful in your eyes but I am unhappy and you are in no way able to judge me for that. So take a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself why you're so unhappy and why you feel the need to make me unhappy." She looked at him in the eyes and glared. "And maybe someday after you realize why then you'll quit being the dick that you are." She snapped and walked away from the table and out the back door to the porch.
Jocelyn looked at George. "You deserves that." She said and walked to the door.
Regina stood on the porch hiding her arms tightly as if she was hugging herself tightly so she didn't fall apart.
Lilac ran up beside Jocelyn. "He shouldn't have said those things." 
Jocelyn shook her head. "Poor girl."
Lilac felt a hand on her shoulder. Luke looked at the two. "I'll handle this. Go talk to George. Help clean up the dinner mess."
The girls nodded and ran to help.
Luke pushed the door open and walked over to Regina. "The first days are always interesting."
Regina looked at him and looked back down at the ground.
Luke smiled slightly. "Tell me about your wife, and your children."
Regina sighed. "My wife is the sweetest person ever. Her name is Emma swan, she's the sheriff. You couldn't find a better person. I have two children. My sons name is Henry. He's amazing. I have an infant daughter named Mia. She's stunning. She's been through a lot. She was born at 23 weeks."
Luke nodded. "That's very early."
Regina smiled. "She's a fighter. My family is perfection."
Luke grinned. "That's a beautiful smile you have there."
Regina looked at him. "I-" she blushed. "Thank you."