Oddly Satisfied

*trigger warning*

Emma walked into the house and walked into the bedroom after she kissed the children goodnight. She chuckled softly at the sight. Her wife was asleep on the bed fully clothed in the clothing she wore to work. She even had her boots on. Emma walked over and gently slipped her wife's shoes off. She grabbed a sleeping outfit from the dresser close to the bed and gently changed Regina into the sleeping clothing without waking her.
Emma got a shower and fell asleep quickly next to Regina.
Regina woke up the next morning alone in the bed. She was in night clothes. She frowned and sat up. Emma's day clothing mess laid across the floor. Regina stood up and grabbed the clothing and threw home in a hamper. She quickly changed into day clothing and walked to the baby's room. Mia was awake. She looked up at Regina with blinking eyes. Regina scooped her into her arms and walked downstairs.
     Henry was at the table as usual. "Hey mum." He said drinking a cup of tea.
    "Hello Henry. Don't forget your chores." She said as she started to make a bottle for the baby.
     Henry rolled his eyes. "Can you just say good morning like a normal person?"
     Regina raised her eyebrow and sat down. She began to feed the baby. "Snippy this morning aren't we?"
      "Is ruby coming back to watch Mia?" Henry asked.
     Regina hesitated. "We scheduled all week. I guess we'll have to see if she shows up."
    "I wouldn't." Henry mumbled.
   "What was that?" Regina asked raising her eyebrow.
     Henry shook his head. "Nothing."
  Regina nodded. "That's what I thought." She snapped.
   The doorbell rang. "It's open!" She said loudly and set the bottle on the table.
   Mia started to fuss. Regina stood up and walked to the door. She held Mia close and gently burped her and opened the door.
     Ruby stood at the door. "Good morning."
   Regina smiled. "You're early."
       Ruby nodded. "Yep. How long will you be gone?"
   Regina set Mia in her crib and smiled. "I'll be back around 6. I got most of my work done yesterday."
     Ruby looked at Mia. "Alright."
    Regina looked over at Henry. "He has chores of course." She said.
     Ruby nodded. "I know."
   Regina looked back at ruby. "Alright. Huh.... thank you."
     ruby nodded and walked to the crib. "Have a good work day Mrs. Swan-Mills."
"Uh thank you." Regina said. "I'll just run into the bathroom really quickly and then I'll be on my way." She said. She walked to the restroom and shit the door. She pulled a brush through her hair and set the brush down. Her hand brushed her razor. She hesitantly drew her hand away and picked it up. It called her. Small little voices in her head. Regina took a breath. "One small cut won't hurt." She told her self. "No one will notice." She said said softly and set the blade down pulling out a box of blades she hid under the sink. She pulled one out and drew it across her forearm. One single cut among the thin sliver lines. One cut turned into another, and then another, each one with their own reasons. She finally wrapped the blade up and threw it away. She ran water over the new cuts and watched as it ran crimson until the water finally ran pink. She wrapped and cleaned her cuts and pulled her sleeves down. Regina cleaned up the bathroom and walked out pretending to finish putting her hair up.
She pulled on her jacket and looked into the kitchen. "Goodbye Henry. Have a good day." She said, as if nothing happened.
"Have A good day Mum." He said.
Regina forced a smile and walked outside. She walked to the office. She felt oddly okay. The cus stung and it left her pleased. She walked into her office and began on her work. No one will find out what she did today.