A Long Day

Regina slammed her fist against the brick wall and sat on the bed harshly. She shouldn't be in here. Not in her eyes. She curled her knees under her and laid her hand on her stomach. Until now she hasn't really thought of the baby today. Her eyes widened. What if something had happened? So was under so much stress and she never really thought of how it would affect the baby. "I'm sorry sweetie." She murmured. "I guess you'll see how crazy your mother really is one day won't you?" She said softly. The baby kicked in response. Regina leaned against the wall and sighed. Emma was right. This would be a long day.
    Regina sat on the bed for the rest of the day. She felt herself growing tired. But Regina didn't go to sleep. She couldn't. Not here. Not in this place. Regina has heard nothing but silence all day. It gave the voices an opportunity to come in. Regina kept trying to push them out of her head but each time they came back stronger and louder.
This time the voices were loud and yelling at her furiously. Regina held the pillow to her ears and squeezed her eyes shut willing them to go away.
      "I have a court date- Regina?!"
  Regina heard Emma's voice through the pillow. She opened her eyes and set the pillow down. "T-they won't go away." She mumbled.
   Emma walked over. "What won't Regina?"
  Regina was overwhelmed. "The voices." She said.
      She heard Emma unlock the door and walked over. "Are you ignoring them?"
    Regina moved against the wall as Emma got closer. "I'm trying. Don't come closer." She said sharply remembering that it was Emma who had put her in here and it was Emma who had made her endure this.
    Emma reached out to touch Regina's shoulder. "Regina I-"
"Don't! Please." Regina cried. She clutched her hands to her chest and pressed herself against the wall. "What's the court date?" She asked trying to change the subject.
Emma caught on and walked to the door. "Three days." She said in an even tone and walked out of the cell. She locked it. "I'll tell Henry you won't be home tonight. Do you understand how scared you made that girl?"
Regina looked at Emma. "Do you understand how scared she made m- Henry?" She corrected.
Emma sighed. "You mean you. Goodnight Regina." Emma said softly and walked to the door.
Regina stood up. "You're going to leave me?"
Emma looked back at Regina. "Goodnight." She repeated and walked out of the station.
Regina slowly sat on the bed and gripped the pillow tightly. Now it was just her and the voices. Alone again.

Regina held a hand to her stomach and sat up. She hadn't slept through night. She heard the door open and someone walked in.
Violet and her mother.
Regina moved against the wall again and looked at them. "What do you want?" She asked caustically.
"I want to know why you hurt my daughter." Her mother said.
Regina looked at violet. She was pale. She kept her distance.
Regina stood up slowly and walked over to the bars. Both violet and her mother took a step back. "Do you understand what your daughter has been up to?" Regina asked. "Do you know threats she has made on my family?" She asked in a calm tone. 
     Regina took a sharp breath as pain slipped through her abdomen.
    The girl looked at her. "My daughter is 13 years old. What Lind of threats could she have made to you? And why would you believe them?"
    Regina looked at violet. "The knife. Where did you get it?" She asked.
    Violet looked at her mother. "What is she talking about?"
     Regina gripped the bar tightly. She winced and pressed a hand to her stomach. "You know full well what I'm taking about!"
Violet gripped her mothers hand. "I want to go. Now please."
Violets mother looked at her daughter. "Okay." She looked at Regina. "I'll see you in three days." She snapped and stormed out. Violet followed behind her.
Regina felt the pain in her abdomen grow more intense. She cried out and fell To her knees.
Violets mother heard Regina cry out as she was almost down the hall.
She turned to the door. Violet looked at her mother. "Mom please. Let's go."
She heard Regina cry out again. This time more urgent. She walked to the door. "I'll be back violet."
She walked in.
Regina was on the ground. She had a pool of blood in her lap. She looked at violets mother. "Please. Help me." She begged. "Please!"
Violets mother stood stunned for a second.
Another urgent scream snapped her out the trance. She looked around for a key. She found it and unlocked the door. She knelt beside Regina.
Regina clenched her teeth. "Save my baby!" She cried out and clenched her eyes shut tightly. "Please!"