No Mother

Regina looked at Emma and looked down. "I am a horrible mother."
    Emma walked over. "No you're not. What happened Regina?"
    "I just-" she sighed. "He pushed me over the line. I hit him Emma! I am a horrible mother! No mother hits their child!"
    Emma touched Regina's cheek lightly. "You're not a horrible mother. Henry knows what he did was wrong I'm sure. You shouldn't have hit him but that doesn't make you a horrible mother." Emma said.
"He just- he went to far and-" she covered her face and closed her eyes. She then realized that something was missing. She dropped her hands. "Where's Lucky?"
"He's fine. Hey wanted to keep him overnight but they think he may have just eaten something that he shouldn't have." Emma said.
Regina let out a breath of relief and looked back at the stairs. "Will he forgive me?"
"Yes Regina. You're his mother. He can't stay and at you forever. No one can." Emma said.
Regina suddenly became aware of the smell of almost burning meat. "The tacos!" She said in surprise and ran over. She turned the heat off and checked the meat. It wasn't burned. It would have been if she had let it sit for a few minutes longer.
Emma got the condiments out. "I'll get Henry."
Regina nodded and put the tacos together. She set the plates on the table and heard Emma and Henry walk downstairs.
Henry and a red mark on his cheek. Regina dropped her eyes and got a glass of water from the fridge.
Emma sat at the table when she heard glass shatter.
She looked up.
Regina held a hand to her abdomen and looked at Emma. "Somethings wrong!"
Emma shot up and ran over. "What is it Regina?"
Regina clenched her teeth. "It hurts." She managed to say and dropped to her knees.
Emma kelt beside her and gasped. "Regina there's blood. Henry call an ambulance!" She yelled.
Regina felt everything slow.

   Emma followed the paramedic. "Let me know her condition!" She said.
   "We will ma'am just calm down." He said and followed the doctors.
    Henry walked in after them. He was silent.
   Emma looked at him. "Come on. Let's eat something for you to eat."
     "Yay. Hospital food." He mumbled. "Again."
   Emma grabbed his wrist sharply. "Henry don't you even get started with this crap. Okay? Your mother is hurt. And all the times she's been here, none of it has been her fault. Now will you shut up with the attitude?!" She snapped sharply.
      Henry looked at the ground. "Fine."
   Emma stood up and led him to the food court. They were almost done eating when a young intern approached them. "Are you Regina's wife?"
   Emma set her fork down. "I am. How is she?"
   Henry fidgeted with the food on his tray. Emma watched him slightly.
   The intern smiled. "It's good news. She's okay. The baby will be fine too. The bleeding was caused by stress and pain can follow that. Just keep her calm and even an easy environment and they'll both be fine. We'll keep her here tonight for observations. But she can leave tomorrow." The Young intern turned to Henry. "You must be Henry. Regina told me about you. My daughter violet said she knew a Henry mills. That must be you."
    He looked at her. "You're Violet's Mother?"
Emma looked at him with a frown. "Who's violet?"
He shrugged. "A girl from my class."
The intern smiled. "She talks about him all the time. Henry this, Henry that. I think she likes you."
Henry choked on a sip of water. "She likes me?!"
Emma looked from Henry to the intern. What kind of mess has her life gotten into now?