I Don't Know

Regina watched Henry walk down the sidewalk to school. Emma walked up beside her. "Do you think he's going to go to the school?"
     Regina shrugged and watched as his profile grew smaller and smaller. "I don't know. I really hope he does."
    Emma nodded and wrapped her arms around Regina. "We'll see. His teachers are supposed to keep us updated."
     Regina nodded. "Shall we go see the baby?"
   Emma nodded. "I think we should."
   They got into the car and drove to the hospital.
   They both signed in and went to see the baby. Emma walked over to the other side of the incubator. She frowned. "You named her?" She asked seeing the name tag.
    Regina hesitated. "I like the name Mia." She said softly looking at the baby.
"What's her full name?" She asked looking at the tiny baby.
Regina gently took her daughters tiny hand into hers. "Mia Grace Swan-Mills." Regina said.
Emma nodded. "I see."
"I'm sorry. I thought of the name and it just became her name." Regina said.
Emma nodded and crossed her arms. "I understand. She's your daughter. You get to choose the name."
Regina let go of Mia's hand. "Emma that's not what it's like."
"I get it. You adopted Henry so you got to name him and you gave birth to Mia do you get to name her. That's how it works." Emma said and took a few steps from the incubator.
Regina sighed and looked at her wife. "If you would have came and visited more often and acted like she was your daughter maybe I would have let you name her!" Regina said in a harsh whisper.
     Emma looked at her. "I am working to pay off these hospital bills!" Emma said in an equal voice.
     "You know I had money out in the bank for this. You can come see her. Even once a week. How many times have you seen her in the past two weeks? Go on. I'll wait." Regina snapped.
     Emma threw her hands up. "I don't have to put up with this."
     "Yes you do! I'm your wife. And she is your daughter. Emma you have to be around more." Regina snapped through her teeth.
     "Sometimes I wish I would have chosen a different path in my life! So many things would be better and life would be a hell of a lot easier!" She snapped back at Regina.
     Regina looked at Emma. "Emma you don't mean that." She said. Almost in a begging tone.
     "I think about it everyday. My life would have been so much easier if I would have stayed with hook." Emma snapped.
    "Then go be with him! I don't want you around if you don't want to be around." Regina sneered.
    Emma walked to the door. "Maybe I will." She said in a harsh voice and she walked out.
   Regina looked back at the incubator and let out a breath. "What have I done?" She whispered.

     Two months passed. Emma was at the house anytime that Regina wasn't.
      Regina smiled and put her daughter gently in the carrier. "You're going home Mia." She said softly.
    The baby was asleep.
   Regina signed the paperwork and walked out of the hospital. She carried the carrier close and walked down the sidewalk. It was Emma's day for the car and Regina wasn't going to talk to her about switching days. Regina walked to the house and up to the porch. Emma was walking out the door. Her eyes were red. She stopped. "Mia is coming home?"
   Regina nodded. "If you would stand to talk to me for even a second you would know that." Regina said in a stern tone.
     Emma bit her lip and nodded. She quickly hurried down the sidewalk. Regina watched Emma walk away. She didn't take the car. Emma always took the car.
     She watched her walk away. "Mia what is going on?" She asked the small baby.
     The baby cooed back as she began to wake up. Regina walked inside the house. Henry was home. "What are you doing here?" She asked getting the baby out of her carrier.
     "I got expelled for beating up a teacher." Henry said.
  "What?!" Regina asked gripped the baby closer. "What the hell are you doing Henry?!"
       He threw his hands in the air. "I saw the teacher doing-" he stopped. "... bad things to a girl. I couldn't let him get away with it." He said.
     Regina sighed. "Who was the girl?"
  He looked at her. "Violet."
      Regina took a deep breath. "Oh god." She whispered.
Henry stood up. "Can I hold Mia?"
Regina took a shaky breath. "Not now. Were going to go to the sheriff station and sort this out."