My Advice

Regina sat at the bar of granny's. "Have you tried making menu modifications?" Regina asked looking at granny's small menu.
       Granny leaned on the counter. "You wanna cook it?"
    Regina rolled her eyes. "I'm just saying maybe you should try something different. I mean people like a variety of food and-"
    "And I should take advice from the girl who doesn't eat any food at all?" Granny asked.
   Regina stood up. "I don't think you can use that against me Granny. Look." She said softly. "You asked my advice. And I've given you some." She said softly.
     Granny shook her head. "I'm not changing my menu. You can get that idea out of your head."
     "Well have you considered putting more posters around town?" Regina asked.
     Granny rolled her eyes. "Listen sweetie. We live in storybrooke. Everyone knows about this diner."
    Regina sighed and threw her hands in the air. "Then I don't know what to do to help you! Maybe your cooking isn't as good as you think." She snapped.
      "Maybe you better hold your tongue Regina." Granny snapped. "And maybe you should start thinking about others before yourself. You are not anything special."
     "I'm here because I'm think of you. I don't have to be here." Regina said.
      Regina crossed her arms and shook her head. "I'm thinking about this town. I've worked myself so much for this town! I'm mayor! Everything goes above my own well-being because the town is more important. So no I don't have to be here! But here I am! I'm here to help you." Regina snapped bitterly through her teeth.
    "Get out!" Granny yelled and pointed at the door. "Go!"
    Regina stormed out fo the building on strong heels. She walked out with dignity and didn't look back.
   She walked straight the sheriff station. Emma looked up as Regina slammed the door shut.
   "I can't work with these people." Regina said sharply. "I can't handle it anymore. I want a new re-election"
    Emma stood up. "Regina calm down. Tell me what happened."
"I just-" she sighed and closed her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair. "It's not their fault. It's just how they are." She said softly and dropped her arm.
"It's how who are?" Emma asked.
"They want things done. They want their cares to come above everyone's." Regina said.
"Regina who wants that? They all know what you've been through. They know that you need to focus on yourself Sometimes."
Regina looked at the ground. "Would they think differently if they knew I'm having a child?" Regina wondered.
"Regina tell me what happened." Emma begged.
Regina looked at her wife. "They said I need to put others first instead of thinking of myself."
Emma walked over to Regina. "You do. That's what got us into the whole mess in the first place. Who said that to you love?" Emma asked.
Regina closed her eyes. "It doesn't matter Emma. It's not their fault they think this way."
Emma sighed. "I think you need another day off."
Regina opened her eyes. "I think you do too."
Emma smiled. "I think so too."