A Fighter

Violets mother pressed a hand to Regina's abdomen. "How many months are you?"
    "Four!" Regina cried and leaned forward.
"Okay. If we get to the hospital. We may be able to hold you off until you reach a safer amount of time to have this baby."
Regina looked at her with wide eyes. "Do what ever needs to be done to save my baby." She said terrified.
Violets mother nodded and ran to the phone. She called ambulance.
Within minutes paramedics arrive.
They load Regina in and violet and her mother follow.
Regina clenched her eyes shut. "Please call my wife." She begged.
Violets mother pulled out her phone. "Just stay calm." She said to Regina and called Emma.
They arrived at the hospital. Violet watched them roll Regina to surgery immediately.
She watched them. Emma was at the hospital within minutes. "What's wrong with my wife?" She asked urgently with worry coating her voice.
The intern looked at Emma. "She's having a miscarriage. We're hoping they can control the bleeding and keep the baby in her until it's safe to deliver."
"She's only four moths. There's no way the baby can survive." Emma said.
"Do you know how many weeks she is?"
Emma looked down the hall. "22 weeks."
"They both have a chance." The intern said. "It's very slim but they have a chance. About 15%."
Emma clenched her hands into fists. "Regina's a fighter. I'm sure the baby is too. They'll make it. I can feel it."
"For your sake. I hope so."

    Emma sat in the waiting room. She had picked Henry up. He was at her parents house.
     A doctor walked out. "Emma swan-mills?"
    Emma stood up. "That's me."
"Mrs. Swan-Mills has lost a lot of blood. We managed to control the bleeding. The baby's heart is weak."
    "Did you deliver?" Emma asked.
  He shook his head. "Not now. But we are not sure how long Regina can hold on until we have to deliver. If she makes it through the night then we'll be able to tell more." He said.
    Emma took a shaky breath. "Can I see here?"
  He shook his head. "Not right now. I'll tell you when you can though. I suggest you get some rest. It'll be a long night."

   Emma woke up to a slight shaking. It was a nurse. "You can see your wife. She will be sent home in two days or so but she will be on strict bed rest. Under no circumstances should he leave the bed for longer than ten minutes at most. Her body cannot handle the stress. At best her body can make it to the sixth month. If we are lucky."
    Emma stood up. "I'll do my best to keep her in bed." Emma said.
   "We have her 17 stitches for her arm." The nurse added.
    Emma frowned and followed the nurse. "What happened to her arm?"
    "Looks like someone cut her." The nurse said and led Emma to the room. Regina laid on the bed. She had tubes up and down her arms. She looked over at Emma.
     Emma walked over and sat beside the bed. "Hey." She whispered.
   Regina slowly reached over and took Emma's hand into hers. "I'm sorry for today." She said weakly.
    Emma smiled. "You didn't do anything wrong. That was all my doing. Did violet hurt your arm?" She asked.
   Regina nodded and winced.
   Emma kissed Regina's forehead. "Don't ever scare me like that again." She said softly. "I thought I lost you." She whispered.
     She got no reply. Emma sat up. Regina was asleep. Emma stroked Regina's cheek. "I love you." She said softly. "More than you know."