She's Okay Now

*suicide mention.*

"I'm not taking no for an answer. She is being arrested for threatening." David said to Emma walking down the sidewalk. He spotted Regina. "Hey! Regina!"
She looked at him and crossed her arms. "Come get me. I'm done with the fighting. I'm done fighting for my life." She snapped.
Emma felt her heart drop. "Regina. Please don't say that. Dad let me talk to her. You know she doesn't belong in jail."
     "She threatened my family. I'm sure she's threatened others. She has to learn her actions come with consequences."
     Regina walked over to David and held her arms out.
    He pulled out the handcuffs and hesitated. He looked at her wrists. The cus hadn't fully healed. "I can't put the cuffs on you." He said softly. "Don't be difficult and fight back." He said and grabbed her arms. He pulled her over and grabbed her boulders and forced her to walk forward.
    "If you do this you will lose me." Emma said. "I won't contact you or Mum again. Do you want that?" Emma asked.
David spun around to face Emma.
Regina quickly pulled out his pocket knife from his pocket and opened it. Emma ran and slammed into Regina making her drop the knife. She fell to the floor and pulled Regina down with her. David grabbed his knife and out it in his pocket. He looked at Regina with wild eyes.
Emma held Regina close and kissed her. "Calm down. Calm down Regina. I'm here."
Regina pulled her knees up to her chest and buried her face in her arms. She was breathing heavily.
Emma rocked her back and forth gently. She looked at David. "You have something to say. Say it."
"She's like a child Emma. She's unpredictable. She needs to be locked up or out in a home somewhere. She's a danger."
Emma kissed Regina. "She's only a danger to herself right now."
Regina lifted her face from her arms. Her face a mess with tears. She took a shaky breath and looked at Emma.
"Emma she will hurt herself over the littlest things. It's an unhealthy relationship. The kids shouldn't be exposed to this kind of thing. They'll think it's normal." David said.
Emma shook her head and lifted Regina's chin to meet her eyes. "He's not right. You know that don't you?"
Regina dropped her gaze. "This isn't my home. I don't deserve to be on this world Emma. Everyone is better off with me gone."
Emmas eyes filled with tears. "Not everyone. I need you."
Regina shook her head and swallowed shakily. "I've always been told I wasn't important. They're right Emma. I'm not. At least not in this world. Not it this life."
"Regina there's a reason you are still alive. You're important. What do you think that reason is? You have to find something, anything to find a reason to want to wake up in the morning Regina." Emma said.
Regina leaned her forehead on Emma's forehead and closed her eyes. "It's you." She said softly. "You're the reason I wake up every morning. It's just that every time I think of how I bad I treat you and everyone else I realize how much I don't deserve to be alive."
Emma kissed her and placed her hand on Regina's cheek. "You're human you make mistakes."
Regina pulled away and stood up. "I know." She pulled something out of her boot. "And I'm sorry." She dragged the object up her arms. The object dropped.
David looked at Emma with wide eyes. "Regina!"
Emma dove to catch Regina. "No!"

Emma took a shaky breath and looked at the tombstone. "You deserved so much better than the life you got Regina. I wish I could have made it better." She said softly and knelt down. She touched her forehead to the tombstone and a single tear fell into the soil below.
A small hand touched her shoulder. Henry knelt beside her holding Alice and Mia. "She's okay now."
Emma looked at Henry. Her eyes shining with tears. She nodded and wiped some tears. "She is. She's okay now. Regina's okay."

I'm sorry for the ending like this. I felt the need to make it like this. And you can hate me all you want. I had my reasonings. I've planned this chapter for a long time. Thank you for the long journey. This is now the end.