Confession - Sophie's POV

If there was anything worse than the Neverseen, this would be highest ranked as "closest actual death".

I groaned as the air around me thickened and I choked for air. I struggled and wriggled and tried to get out of her grasp, but nothing worked. "Hold still!" she yelled, tightening her grip on my chest and lower region, such as my torso. I lost more air and tried to wriggle my way out of the death trap. I slowly felt my chest tighten, and I sucked in a huge breath, worrying for my air supply. I pondered over the option of inflicting her, but decided that the move of doing so was way too reckless, and I didn't really want any fatal injuries.

"Your dress is going to rip!" Biana yelled, tightening the corset. "Why are you even USING one of those?!" I yelled, pointing to my stick thin stomach. "This is NOT the 18th century!" I complained. Biana sighed in defeat and loosened me, and I collapsed in exhaustion. Biana huffed and looked at me.

"If you aren't going to wear this, just... pick a dress from MY closet!" she ordered, dragging me to her huge closet. This closet was about the size of... my old human room. I groaned in defeat and slumped down onto the floor. "Get up, Sophie!" Biana ordered. I grumbled about a 'free country' down in America and Biana rolled her eyes, listening to me rant about war over the countries while dragging me over to the closet. Or, better yet, wardrobe.

After finishing my useless rant Biana nodded, not even looking vaguely interested. "Well, Sophie, this is the Elvin world, not the Forbidden Cities." she pointed out, ignoring my further comments.

I slammed my face onto the carpeted ground of the wardrobe, sighing in defeat. Then I saw something. Something as in, "wow, I should try that," kind of something. It was a red gown, with short sleeves with plumes at the wrists. It wasn't as obnoxious as other normal elvin dresses, not as pompous or as frilly or sparkly. There was an intricate lace design woven into the neck of the gown, and there was a small frill on the skirt part. It wasn't overkill and it didn't scream, "BLINDING!" but it definitely was noticeable.

I wanted to try it on not for the fact that it might look good on me, but the fact that it might look good enough to impress some people. to be specific, Fitz. Keefe? Wait, what?

No. No, he had Linh. Ew, I shouldn't have thought that. I mentally apologized to Linh and sighed loudly.

 I must've stared at the dress longer than necessary, since Biana turned around to follow my gaze. As soon as she saw what I was looking at, she looked like she wanted to squeal. "Biana..." I warned, not wanting her to pick anything for me. I really didn't want— or even need— a gala. And I had a good reason for this. 

"Sophie..." she replied, mimicking my tone of voice. She picked up the dress and walked to me, placing the article of clothing on top of my current clothes so it looked like I was wearing the dress. Her lips twitched into a smile. "Hey, Sophie?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I think you would look amazing in this." Biana noted, smiling at me. I sighed and looked at her crossly. "Yeah, but that's only your opinion. I bet other people wouldn't think so." I countered. "Well, then, I'll exit and you put this dress on. Then, we'll see if you look as awesome as I said you would." Biana said. 

"Wait, what do you mean, we—"

Before I could finished that sentence, she hurried out of her huge freaking walk-in closet and shut the doors behind her. 

"Alright, then, fine." I grumbled under my breath, throwing various items of clothing away and slipping the dress on. I smoothed out some wrinkles while waiting for a while. After some time, I sighed and opened the closet doors, meeting a pair of glimmering teal eyes.

Oh wait, make that two pairs of teal eyes.

Fitz was there, awkwardly standing next to Biana as she squealed and clapped her hands together happily. I turned red and squeaked awkwardly, rushing towards Biana and grabbing her arm, dragging her through her huge walk-in. "Biana!" I whisper-screamed. "What did you bring him for?!" I asked, taking note of her approaching grin. 

"Well, you didn't believe me when I called you pretty. So, I had to get extra eyes." she muttered.

I sighed. "Fine, just... tell me next time." I muttered. She nodded apologetically. 

 "Anyways, go change back into your clothes and meet me back outside." she said, throwing my shirt towards me playfully. I sighed and shooed her out, a smile on my face. 

-

Outside, it turned out that Biana had already asked Keefe for help with anything, and he'd suggested to do invitations. Which, was a problem, because Sophie had a small secret. 

She didn't actually know why she agreed to a Winnowing Gala, because she didn't even know who was on her scroll. However, when she had approached Mr. Forkle about this, his wrinkly face turned grim. He had said this:

"Miss Foster, if someone asks you if you are having your gala, it would be best if you nodded and said yes ." Mr. Forkle had said, his eyes fixated on me.

"Wait, but how? Also, why? I don't even have my scroll. Plus, wouldn't people already know that the Moonlark is unmatchable?" I had asked, heart pounding. It came out as almost a sneer. Mr. Forkle shook his head and sighed. "It would be better if you were allowed to have your way and have a normal matchmaking life, but–"

I had blanked out after he had said the word "normal", only because she was partly jealous. Why couldn't be normal for once, and not the Moonlark? I just wanted a normal life as a normal elvin teenager. Not some crazy elvin project that fathomed not one, but five different abilities at once.

"–And we've planned to forge a matchmaking scroll and fill it with people you seem compatible with." Mr Forkle finished.

I did a double take. "Wait, what?"

"You heard me right, Miss Foster. Now go, they're waiting for you. Also, any questions?" 

I looked up at the wrinkly, ruckleberry scented man pleadingly. "Mr. Forkle, what if this whole thing comes out and ends unexpectedly?" I asked. Mr. Forkle shook his head. "I assure you, Miss Foster, we are very thorough in our work. There will be a small chance that everything goes wrong."

"A small chance? So there's still a chance everything goes horribly wrong and I somehow end up exiled and–"

Mr. Forkle cut me off with a single hand motion. "I assure you, things will go as planned. I promise, Miss Foster. Now, any other things you would like to ask?" he asked.

I had so many other questions revolving in my head, but I knew I couldn't ask them all.

So, basically, I was having an illegal gala.

...sorry for being dead for so long. Also, the story line won't bend much, it's just Flashback messed me up big time. thanks for being patient!!