It'll come true - Sophie's POV

I ran outside, seeing Tam appear outside through the window. He grinned when he saw me and I hugged him. "Tam! What're you doing here?" I asked. He shrugged. "Well, I had nothing to do, so I came over to see you." he said. "All the way from Alluveterre?" I asked. He smiled and rubbed the back of his head shyly. "Um... Yeah. Is checking on my beloved girlfriend so wrong?" he asked. He froze and turned red when he realized what he said, and I felt my heart pump faster than light leaping.

"I-i'm sorry, uh, really, I didn't mean to say that-" he stuttered nervously. I shushed him. "It's okay, Tam. Anyways, i'm not sure if you should call me that, but Grady approved of us, so..."

"Wait, he did?" he asked. I nodded and he whooped and picked me up and spun me around. His face was now so close to mine that I could see his eyes widening in embarrassment. "Oh! I'm sorry-" He tried to pull away, but I held him down this time.

"Tam, you apologize too much now." I said. He looked flustered, but we fell silent. We were literally so close to each other that we were breathing the same air. He looked at me and I felt my heart flying on its own Silveny which was doing loop-de-loops midair.

He leaned in about a centimeter and we shared a kiss. His lips were soft and we stayed in each other's arms for a while. When I pulled away suddenly, embarrassed, he chuckled slightly and touched his lips gently. "Wow. You're cute when embarrassed." Tam said softly. I huffed and stamped my foot annoyed. He laughed, and the sound sent soft shivers down my spine. He looked at me with his intense pale eyes and we walked to Calla's tree.

We sat down, leaning on the trunk. "Hey, how come the gnomes that used to work with her tree don't come as often anymore?" he asked. "Well, we decided Calla would want a peaceful resting place, one where creatures fuss around her all the time. And she seems to be doing awesome, as well." I said. It did look amazing. Its beautiful leaves shimmered in the sunlight, and even brighter in the light of the moon. The calming waves of color were pretty enough to calm the angriest Neverseen member, too. Its twisted trunk fit perfectly, too. "It's really beautiful." said Tam.

I looked at Tam and he averted his gaze at me. I blushed, realizing that he had called me beautiful. He looked flustered, and it made him look cuter. I smiled at him and he shifted uncomfortably. I sighed and looked at the tree. I looked at the Panakes Blossoms. Imagine, they were just enough to heal anything. I reached out and brushed the petals with my hands. If only they could bring back Calla.

I sighed and pulled my hand back down. Tam looked at me. "Are... Are you alright?" he asked. I nodded, but a stubborn tear slipped down my face. I missed her. I missed everything. I missed not having to worry about the Neverseen. I wish I never had to worry about death. About how the people I love could die. I buried my face in my hands and let the tears come.

I felt arms wrap around me and realized Tam was comforting me. "It's okay, Sophie. Calla wouldn't want this, would she?" he asked. I shook my head no, but continued to cry. Tam pulled me closer to him. "It'll be alright. It's okay." he whispered in my ear. I sniffled. But somehow, deep down, I knew if Tam said it, then it might just come true.

ew fluffy scenes written by me 🤢